1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Car Rental thru Total Rewards WOW

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by tinytim, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stumbled across this and couldn't believe the deal. After logging into Total rewards (Caesars Properties) I clicked on tr Alliances. Then to Get aways and found car rentals. Low and behold Nascar Weekend ...Nissan Maxima 6 days $107 all in!! They give you a few major agencies to choose from too. This is thru Dollar. Thrifty was same price. I'm very confident I won't find a better price, so I booked it. You do have to pay up front tho.
    Anyone else book this way?
    Tim
    T-80
    MGM; Harrahs and Nascar

2. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow nice thanks for the info will check out for when i am going in march

3. jgxtrav1

jgxtrav1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems too good to be true .... which usually means it is too good to be true.

I'm getting < $100.00 total (which is "supposed" to include all taxes and fees) for a compact at Dollar Jan 26 (4pm) thru Jan 31 (8am).

Has anyone used this successfully .... that is, a Dollar/Thrifty car rental thru Total Rewards?

Is it true that the price paid when you book is the all-in total (including all taxes and fees)?

It seems strange that the confirmation shows $0 for taxes and fees .... I know that leading up to that it says it includes taxes and fees .... but, as I understand it, the taxes and fees are mandatory. Can't understand how it could be $0.

Unfortunately, I'm very suspicious of this as I've had experiences like this before where a 3rd party site say it includes taxes and fees but, when you get there, you get hit with an additional $70-80 for "mandatory" taxes and fees. Then, although possible, it's always been a pain to cancel and get all my money back.

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's not bad!
    Usually I'll get 6 days for $145, so that's definitely good!

Palace Tower Suite!
  5. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great deal if all taxes included i was leery of the 0 in taxes and feels also

6. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW! $100.37 for an intermediate for a week in January. Great price , but fees and taxes are $0, how can this be? Anyone tried this yet?

7. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I printed off my confirmation that said I paid in full up-front with amount owing $0.
    I am a bit nervous about the taxes and fees too but the other rental quotes (Avis; Hertz etc) were all way higher. Only Dollar / Thrifty were at this price.
    That's why as the OP, I was curious if any other board members used this car rental site.

8. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't comment on this specific deal, but from my experience, this actually is the "all-in" price.

In October, I booked a 5 day rental with Dollar using my Chase bank credit card points. I booked through Chase.com and it was $80 cheaper than the rate I could get straight through Dollar's website. I was scared that Chase didn't account for the taxes and fees and that I would have a huge surprise when I showed up to get the car. However, the price I paid upfront with Chase was indeed the "all-in" price. Dollar gave me a receipt that showed $0.00 owed.

So, I assume this TR deal is very similar to what Chase does in their rental car partnership.

Good luck!

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great find, I'll be interested to see if this is indeed the final price.

10. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I got a rate of 33/day from 2/23-2/27. thanks for the info.

11. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried it for May, and found similar prices. However, a quick scan through the terms and conditions prevented me from continuing. There's talk of possible cancellation fees, but no specification of the amount. Perhaps I missed it, or perhaps the wording appears after confirming the reservation. Does anyone know about this?

12. mckevin32

mckevin32 Low-Roller

Quoted from page 3 of the Terms and Conditions;

"Participants are responsible for the payment of any applicable taxes, fees, and personal expenses including, but not limited to, food and beverage expenses, specialty items, tips, personal services, special facilities charges, telephone calls and internet connectivity, resort/hotel, utility charges, security deposits, and other fees or charges levied by the travel service provider"

I'm out..

13. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got a car booked for this Sunday. I'll report my experience later that day. I'm sorry, but when I get a quote for a car and it says $104 including all taxes and fees, it means just that. I paid roughly the same price via Costco travel before, so this is not impossible pricing.

14. cf84

cf84 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please do report back. I'm with you, if it says all taxes and fees included I'd bet my credit card company would back me up if push comes to shove. It looks like only Dollar and Thrifty (same company pretty much) are really low. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on an April rental but will wait to hear your outcome. I'll take screen shots of my price, just in case!

15. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YES...as the OP I'm very much looking forward to your experience and PLEASE report after you return your car too... or do all charges appear when you pick up the car?? Anyway, I have one reserved already in March and looking at May as well.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Tim
    T-63

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  16. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ High-Roller

I called TR Getaways today and was assured that taxes and fees are included in the quoted price. I find that hard to believe since the taxes and fees almost double the price of rentals at LAS. However, that's what "Kathleen" said.

17. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :wave:
    Don't worry folks. I WILL report back...

Funny thing is that my confirmation doesn't show up on the Dollar site, however I called DOLLAR and they confirmed I was valid.

18. wysiwyg

wysiwyg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I mentioned before, last Spring, I booked a mid-size car (Corolla) with Budget via Costco and total cost, including all fees/taxes was $104 for 5 days. So TR's prices are not that impossible..

19. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still can't do it until I hear from someone who has rented here. Please report!! I think that the terms and conditions are too vague from their website.

20. codingkw

codingkw Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too...It just seems too good to be true...

Time to get married and have fun
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.