1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question on SW Air cancellation policy

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bswim, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I purchase tickets for myself and 2 others now, find them cheaper later and cancel the original purchase, I get the difference as a credit, correct?
    Now do I get the credit or does each person with a ticket get credit?

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You get a credit towards a future purchase. Each ticket gets its own non transferable credit to be used by the ticket holder only.

3. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply, not the one I was wanting but thanks! lol

4. apratt0905

apratt0905 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    credit

If you purchased the other tickets under your rewards account number, your rewards account will be credited for the difference for all the tickets.

If you purchased all the tickets and each person was booked with their own rewards account number, then each person's reward account will be credited the difference for the ticket.

We took a family trip and I booked me and the kids under my rewards account. I found the tickets cheaper later and my rewards account was credited for the difference of my ticket and each of the kids' tickets.

5. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    apratt0905, that's perfect, that's exactly what I'm looking to do.
    Wife and I and our teenage daughter are headed to Vegas the end of July. If I find them cheaper later I'd rather use that credit for myself or my wife and I. Odds are our daughter won't be back with us later this year.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I am doing something wrong. The way I cancel the credits always go towards the confirmation number of the flight, maybe I just be booking them together and not seperately? hmmm

7. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AND ... based upon the specific date that you purchased the ORIGINAL tickets, you have one year to use the credit for a new flight (you must actually FLY within that year's time).

8. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not to thread jack BUTTTT :)), say you use the credit 6months later and then need to cancel that trip.. Is that then good for another 12 months? Does anyone have experience?

If I would to gamble I would say yes because you are using the original credit as payment for a flight and then when canceling, the new credit becomes the conformation number giving another 12 months. Figured I would ask though if anyone ever had to do this.

9. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess all I did was raise more questions LOL

This is from the SW website
    "Wanna Get Away
    Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines for the originally ticketed passenger only.
    Should a passenger fail to apply the nonrefundable ticket toward the purchase of future travel within the eligibility period, the entire amount of the fare, which includes without limitation, all fees, taxes, and charges, will be forfeited."

http://www.southwest.com/html/air/fare-information.html

10. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did learn this the hard way, it does not extend, it just defaults back to the original date.

11. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I was talking about, this has always been how it has worked for me. I went back and looked, I have booked both ways and this is always how it has worked.

12. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just seems odd that my daughter (who is a minor) would end up with a credit for airfare :confused:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.