1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Prime Rib

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Kem59, Nov 14, 2012.

?

Who has the best prime Rib in DownTown Las Vegas (No Buffets)

Poll closed Nov 16, 2012.
  1. California

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. El Cortez

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Four Queens

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Golden Nugget

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Binions

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, if it's well done it ain't prime rib!

I would have asked for some other selection from the menu.

2. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and, like the off-the-menu steak dinner, the prime rib meal includes a tall glass of micro brew.

3. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    24 oz? That's for kids...I went to the M buffet twice this week and the first time, the woman doing the carving at that moment must have liked me because she really did give me a thick cut of prime rib (at least an inch thick, most likely more) that I requested...it was probably two pounds...and I went back for some tri-tip after I finished that...

4. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well done prime rib is like warm shoe leather....why bother.

When you come in for Prime Rib....nothing else will do...I ended up with Prime Rib from El Cortez.....and yes it was RARE and TASTY.

5. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    el cortez prime rib dinner: not on their menu, correct?

6. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My prime rib at Magnolia's was just ok, and not as enjoyable considering the surly waitor. For the same price, I'd rather enjoy a salad bar and dessert at the California. It seems to have gone up a dollar each year for the last 3 years but what hasn't? The prime at Gold Spike is larger, 12 oz instead of the usual 8 oz. and was ok. I haven't tried prime rib at El Cortez but I have had good steaks there for about 9.99 a couple of years ago. I have never tried Fremont, Binions or the Plaza. Use to get the prime rib or 16 oz Porterhouse all the time at Bay City Diner at Golden Gate. I miss my favorite downtown restaurant.

Jimbo338

7. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can someone tell me more specifically where Jerry's Nugget is? What is it near?

Jimbo338

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Head north on Las Vegas Blvd from downtown, you'll go past the Catholic Charities/Salvation Army compound on the left, keep goin' and the road will bend slightly to the right as you enter N. Las Vegas and Jerry's will be on the left. Big ole, sign, can't miss it. I'm guessing it's a couple miles north of downtown Las Vegas.

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From most Strip resorts the best way is right up 15. Get off at Lake Mead, take Lake Mead a couple blocks east to Las Vegas Boulevard.

Turn right (south) on Las Vegas Boulevard and it will be right ahead of you on the right.

Valet park on the north side of the main building or self-park in the lot if you're feeling especially brave. :)

Restaurant is on your right ahead of you when you enter via the valet park entrance.

The prime rib is excellent and even the smallest cut is almost too much for me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.