1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CX Bus

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dukeofdarby, Aug 12, 2023.

1. BTrain929

BTrain929 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, with F1 over:

the CX northbound schedule (towards downtown) says Flamingo & LVB. Is that stop on the side of Cromwell, or the side of Caesars?

And, going southbound to the airport, is that Flamingo & LVB stop closer to LVB or closer to the driveway on the side of Horseshoe ?

Looking at Google Maps, it lists the CX at all 4 stops (Cromwell & Caesars nb, after Flamingo & after Linq Ln sb), adding to my confusion.

If I'm waiting on a bus that comes once an hour, I can't afford to be off by a few hundred feet of where I'm waiting...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  2. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are 2 sets of stops, the set at LVB, and the set by the monorail tracks by the east end of Horseshoe.

The CX serves all of those stops, towards downtown will be be on the Caesars/Cromwell side (north side of Flamingo heading in the westbound direction), towards the Airport will be on the Horseshoe side (south side of Flamingo heading in the Eastbound direction).

This is subject to change temporarily if/when they take the Koval bridge down.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. BTrain929

BTrain929 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Northbound via Google Maps: 2 CX stops listed.

Screenshot_20240118_162216_Maps.jpg

Southbound via Google Maps: 2 CX stops listed.

Screenshot_20240118_162255_Maps.jpg

Rtc schedule only lists 1 stop in each direction. Google Maps lists 2 each way. That's my confusion.

4. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The stop at LVB is a timepont stop (times are only listed for major stops - the dots with letters), however it also stops at the other locations with the dots. The stop at Koval is temporary closed as the bus goes over the bridge.

Screenshot_20240118-173326.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. ddechenne

ddechenne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest that you call up Caesars or Horseshoe on Google maps and enlarge the map until the blue, square bus stops appear (as suggested by Btrain above). Click on them and it will indicate the busses that stop there and the estimated times. In October we took the CX from DT to Ellis (the stop at Koval and Flamingo Streets) but it also stopped at Horseshoe. We took it from the airport and it stopped at Cromwell and Caesars. But the map will likely be correct.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BTrain929

BTrain929 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for these data points :clap::nworthy:

7. Adam

Adam Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI, albeit I would need to double check, there was chatter today at my poker game that the Koval bridge is coming down next week. I imagine this would affect the CX route.

Bucket List - WSOP Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BTrain929

BTrain929 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Screenshot_20240118_195652_Brave.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, from 9:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 21st, until 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 1st the CX will detour via Harmon between LVB and University Center.

This means that the stops east of Las Vegas Blvd. (the ones by the monorail track labeled "after Linq") will not be served.

The northbound route (to downtown) will continue to stop at its normal stop on westbound Flamingo after Las Vegas Blvd. (alongside Caesars).
    The southbound route (to the airport) will stop at a temporary stop on eastbound Flamingo BEFORE Las Vegas Blvd. (near Via Del Nord - alongside Bellagio).

Screenshot_20231014-085644~2.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jack O. Better

Jack O. Better Boring Math Killjoy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Taking the CX to get to and from mid-Strip properties by using the Flamingo/LVB stops is one of those little things that can bring down the cost of a trip to Vegas quite a bit for folks who are on a tight budget. Or if you're weird like me and just kinda like to ride buses!

• Like Like x 3
  11. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No recent change on CX from and to airport ?

Still 2$ once per hour

Stop by Cromwell from airport and by Horseshoe to airport ?

12. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct, no changes at this time

• Like Like x 1
  13. VPdevotee

VPdevotee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does it stop by the Bellagio, or is the Horseshoe the first stop after it leaves the downtown area (going to airport)?

14. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to the Airport the stop is on the SE side of the intersection by the Horseshoe

• Agree Agree x 1