1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CX Bus

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dukeofdarby, Aug 12, 2023.

1. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    took the bus this morning from airport to old old stop by MGM Grand also just took a walk to see the stop between bellagio and caesars and also saw the stop on the strip inftont of bellagio

• Like Like x 1
  2. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its pretty much a mess right now

Took the CX this morning by MGM grand we turned as expected on the strip went to the Outlets, on the way back the driver didnt turn on the strip so i got up and asked him why since i was expecting to get off by Tropicana he told me the CX doesnt turn on the strip im crossing the bridge. So i had to get off at Horseshoe .

Now i have no idea what to do for tomorrow when i go the the airport

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I honestly would just assume that absolutely nothing will be running as-scheduled (in terms of time or route) until F1 is over. Even the "plans" they've made and/or published are almost certainly going to be subject to change once reality hits and traffic starts to cascade.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used it from the airport, to and from fremont and today for the outlets

its never been close to on schedule, but they all took the same road except the driver this afternoon who decided to stay on flamingo and cross the bridge instead of using the strip

Guess ill wait for the bus infront of tropicana for an hour then if i dont see any ill bite the bullet and take a cab from trop to airport should be around 15$, 20$, 25$ ? monday morning around 9 am so no traffic and this area isnt affected by F1 construction

Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
  6. VPdevotee

VPdevotee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the Deuce is still running on the Strip, you could take it south from the Excalibur side to the South Strip Transit Terminal and transfer to the 109 North, which stops at the airport (same stop as the CX) on its way downtown. There's a 109 every 15 minutes on a weekday morning after 5:00, 6:00 a.m. and it's a 9 minute ride from SSTT to the airport. The 2 hour pass on the Deuce should get you on the 109, I believe. Better than waiting an hour for a bus that may not come.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just FYI, the big lot on the north side of Tropicana past Koval is being used for staging incoming F1 equipment, as well as parking for F1 staff and contractors. During the Clark County Commission meeting, they vaguely referenced that there might be issues around that area, but didn't really go into much detail.

8. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the CX yesterday from the airport & it took well over an HOUR to get downtown. He came down Maryland, went thru UNLV, stopped by Silver Sevens & then went all the way back to Trop & eventually to the mess on LVB. I am thinking the 108 back will be much faster.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I proudly got the CX yesterday and the driver was super helpful with the stops so overally a great experience for 2 bucks.

Question about my next trip though, is there a convenient stop if I want to go back to Excalibur? It seemed to stop by MGM Grand on the way over and I wonder if it's meant to stop by Tropicana with the revised route as i could easily walk from there if so?

10. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I took bus when I was there end of october, driver said they did not stop at silver sevens so I had to walk from maryland and flamingo to silver sevens while my mom and family friend paid a dollar (their seniors) to get on to get to silver sevens. I only had enough quarters for a trip to silver sevens and then a trip to palms right after. I refuse to pay 2 dollars to get back on for a driver mistake. The temp stop is on the map on the website.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One the F1 race is over the CX will go back to its regular route and the closest stop to excalibur will be the one by Cromwell, its only stopping by MGM and tropicana cause of F1

12. BTrain929

BTrain929 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wasn't the Cromwell stop also a temporary stop because of either F1 or normal construction work?

13. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on when your next trip to LV is... Post F1 race, if the CX resumes its route along Flamingo Rd., the northbound CX has a stop on the NW corner of Flamingo/Strip...southbound CX has a stop at the SE corner of Flamingo/Strip... neither is really "convenient to the Excal though.
    If your trip is post construction of the I-15/Tropicana interchange and the CX resumes its "normal" route along Tropicana, then NB CX sops at the NW corner of Tropicana/Strip and SB CX stops at the SE corner Tropicana/Strip...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few days before the F1 race weekend I took the CX from the airport to downtown and found that Terminal 1 stop was closed. Had to take shuttle to Terminal 3. Was quite a hassle. To get to Terminal 3 stop, had to go up escalator, out door 44, then across the street to find that 108, 109 and CX buses stop there. Signs say "until December." Will not use bus to/from airport until someone reports that Terminal 1 stop is working again.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    • Wow! Wow! x 3
  15. Federated52

Federated52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see the last post was Nov. 29th.
    Just wondering if anyone knows if the CX is still stopping near the Cromwell / Horseshoe from the airport? If so is there a timeline on when it will return to the "original" route that dropped off at Tropicana.
    I am thinking about heading to Vegas around the beginning of May and most probably will be staying around the Horseshoe / Cromwell area.
    Thank You

16. Castle

Castle Slow Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the CX from the airport to downtown Fremont at the end of December and it stopped at Horseshoe on the way

Birthday trip
    Birthday Trip
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sense the CX won't return to its "original" route (via Tropicana) until the I-15/Trop interchange work is sufficiently completed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the routing on Flamingo is related to the "dropicana" interchange which will continue into early 2025.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  20. Federated52

Federated52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank You all for the info.