1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lyft (and Uber) - First ride ever in Vegas, Now I'm a driver

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by theotherone, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theotherone

theotherone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree - it’s all about what you put into it, doing your research, location, and going for the bonuses!
    Never sign up to drive without getting a bonus. Riders can get bonuses / discounts too so take advantage of those too.

2. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Uber Christmas,hope you guys found the time to get out and make some $$. Worked yesterday afternoon and did great just in a few hours,had to stop cause it was getting dark.

3. CaptCampion

CaptCampion VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've had ice/snow issues around here since mid-day Christmas Eve, plus I've got family in town so probably no driving for me until next week.

Then gotta start saving that scratch for a wedding and a cruise

4. Gomar

Gomar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An Uber driver canceled me, and another charged me $5 for being late so he drove away. Bad policy.
    Also, I dont want to share my ride with anyone.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I call people on the phone before I cancell them for being a no-show. If they dont answer what else can I do?? People often put in the wrong house,condo or apartment number .I call them and ask if they could walk outside. Today a girl beeped me from the Garden State Parkway. The app directed me to the service area,turns out she was broken down on the side of the road. She called me after I passed her with the mile marker. So I made two u-turns and got her. I try to be nice,Xmas afternoon I stopped for 3 riders at convenience stores on their way,they each handed me a 10 spot just for waiting while they got cigs and coffee.

• Like Like x 1
  6. theotherone

theotherone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven’t had to cancel a passenger but would do all in my power not to. I did have a scheduled passenger once and when I turned on the app after getting a reminder text saying that ‘Madison’ was ready to be picked up the scheduled ride had disappeared. Called Lyft and they credited me the $10 no show fee. I think another driver just got to her first. Or maybe she cancelled it outright.
    Either way the app can sometimes cause an issue (rare though) so maybe that’s what happened. I’d call them and let them know - might refund you.
    But that’s messed up on the drivers part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.