1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Changes to the mLife rewards system announced

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DaiLun, Apr 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got this email:

Dear xxxxxx,

On March 20, we communicated updates to the M life® Rewards program as a result of the unprecedented times we're all facing during the COVID-19 crisis. We hope that over this time you and those close to you have remained safe and healthy.

One of the program elements we committed to following up on was your Tier Status for 2020. As the implications of this global pandemic have widened and our doors have remained closed, we have remained steadfast in our dedication and commitment to supporting our M life Rewards members and taking the necessary actions to allow you to continue to enjoy your Tier benefits, recognition, service and offers based on your earned status.

With that in mind, we have some important updates and reminders to share with you:

Extending Your Tier Status and Benefits
    We are excited to announce that the M life Rewards Tier Status, whether NOIR, Platinum, Gold or Pearl, you earned in 2019 or in 2020, will be extended through January 31, 2022.

Earning Year Changes
    With this extension, we are also changing our earning year to January 1 - December 31 from what's historically been October 1 - September 30, extending your benefits an additional three months and moving to an easier to understand and track calendar earning year.

Points & Express Comps Reminder
    We want to make sure you don't miss redeeming and enjoying any Points or Express Comps™ that may expire during the time we are closed. As a result, we have suspended Point and Express Comp expirations through September 30, 2020.

Offers, Promotions, Events, Entertainment Reminders
    Certain M life Rewards offers like promotions, events and entertainment will expire or be cancelled during the time we are closed. We are working on rescheduling these and other offers and will communicate new dates to you soon. For FREEPLAY®, FreeBet, SLOT DOLLARS®, gifts and other offers valid during the closure, please know that we are building new offers for you to enjoy upon reopening. We will share those updates with you soon.

Our commitment remains that we will continue to closely monitor any further impacts of the crisis and update you of any M life Rewards program changes accordingly. For the most current information, please click here for FAQs. Should you still have questions, contact M life Rewards Member Services at 866.761.7111 or email [email protected].

On a personal note, I want to thank you for the outpouring of support we've received from so many of you with well wishes for our employees. It has also been uplifting to hear from so many of our loyal guests expressing excitement about returning to your favorite MGM Resorts destination.

We hope you stay connected with us on our social channels and by visiting mgmresorts.com to experience all the entertainment you've come to love from MGM Resorts as we bring you – Together At Home – a collection of unique and exclusive videos from our entertainers, chefs, bartenders and more.

From the entire M life Rewards and MGM Resorts team, please stay safe and strong during this time. We can't wait to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely,

Mike Stratton
    SVP, Direct Marketing and Loyalty

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  2. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like this the best:

Earning Year Changes
    With this extension, we are also changing our earning year to January 1 - December 31 from what's historically been October 1 - September 30, extending your benefits an additional three months and moving to an easier to understand and track calendar earning year.

• Agree Agree x 11
  3. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never figured out why they ran their year as they did.

They are doing what I would like CET or do - extend status.

Does mLife have ways to earn credits to extend the expiration other than the credit card? (And does the CC do that like CETs does?)

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe it lined up with their fiscal year?

5. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get that someone's points, express comps, earned after March 2019 have added shelf life.

I get that players retain current status an extra 15 months

Modifying plan year to calendar year means an extra three months to move up to next tier ... that only helps if shutdown is less than three months, unless tier credits also get longer life.

Never used them, but curious to see what happens with holiday gift Shoppe points.

At least they're trying. Glad they're communicating.

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw this and had to re-read it, thinking that it had to be a typo or something, but I suppose if they're re-balancing the earnings year as well, it makes a certain amount of sense. But hey, not gonna complain about keeping Platinum.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Dentastic

Dentastic Stripburger!

Trips to Las Vegas:

I think they are actually extending the earning period by a year and 3 months.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good stuff.

Extending tier dates is a good move with limited direct cost. (tier level does not get comps, only play does anyways)

Changing to Jan-Dec makes lots more sense than their silly Oct date.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM knocked it out of the park in terms of doing right by the players. Hopefully, the hospitality side will recover. (Hopefully, the world will recover at least a bit sometime this decade.)

MGM has laid down the standard on the Strip. Stations did it for the locals (and drive market). Your move, CET and Boyd.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll also add that MGM Springfield (if it survives) will be getting more of my regional gaming dollar. I am satisfied with my current Mlife tier.

Nothing other than the credit card. Any use of the CC pushes the point expiration out another 12 months.

• Like Like x 2
  11. J.Renee

J.Renee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same email. Was surprised they extended status to 2022, but happy that they changed their earning year. It was really odd the whole Oct-Sept.

12. Timothy

Timothy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I earned gold October 2019. My status is valid (on my card) until September 30 2021. It will now be January 31st 2022?

If my September trip will be on, I might make Platinum then.

It’s about time I’m back!
    Leg 2 of 4 - show me the new Rio!
  13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The way I read it:

Whatever tier you earned on Sep 30, 2019, you will not drop below that until Dec 31, 2021. They throw a curveball in by saying that your benefits will last until Jan 31, 2022. This sounds like they are going to do the same thing as CET, where tier credits reset to zero on Jan 1 but you get until the end of January to use the benefits.

The current "2020" earning year will consist of 15 months, from Oct 1, 2019 to Dec 31, 2020. You can advance your tier during this period, but you will not drop a tier going into 2021. Starting Jan 1, 2021, the player year for earning TCs will be Jan 1 - Dec 31 each year.

Example:
    • You were Gold starting Oct 1, 2019.
    • All of your tier credits earned from Oct 1, 2019 to Dec 31, 2020 will count towards your tier for 2021
    • If you earn 200,000 TCs during that period, you will advance to Platinum (starting the day you reach 200k) through the end of 2021
    • If you earn less than 200,000 TCs during this period (including zero), you will stay Gold for 2021
    • TCs will still get reset to zero on Jan 1, 2021. Your play between Jan 1 and Dec 31, 2021 will determine your tier for 2022.
    Slot points and Express Comps will still expire on Sep 30, 2020 unless you (or they) do something to extend them. They probably didn't extend them until December in order to create an incentive to go back earlier.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Timothy

Timothy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would work out for me perfectly IF September is a go.
    I'll reach (probably) Platinum by then, and that would give me the benefits for a bachelor trip (best friend is getting married) somewhere in the first 5 months of 2021.

It’s about time I’m back!
    Leg 2 of 4 - show me the new Rio!
  15. lostfido

lostfido I push my fingers into my eyes

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a great move by MGM, kudos.

Now can someone swing the princess’ wand to us Southwest Companion pass holders so we can get that extended for the same period that would be great [emoji106]

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ken D

Ken D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they did an excellent job of making the changes address the uncertainty that still remains for 2020. Nice email to get.

17. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no way to make everyone happy but I agree they have done the best they can with the info they have atm.
    My personal situation is that I stepped up my play significantly this year to the point that I had passed my previous years score by the end of Feb this year.
    So just extending my tier from the previous year is actually a negative for me as I had already renewed it and was well on track to increase 1-2 levels.

As I said there is no way to make every situation happy and they do not have an obligation to do anything so the fact that they are doing stuff is at least something.

18. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't think of a situation where it's a negative. You can still advance to a higher tier during 2020 and now you have until Dec 31 to do it instead of Sep 30. And when you cross a higher tier level threshold, it's still effective immediately.

So if you earned Pearl (25,000) as of Oct 1 last year, and you already have over 25k TCs since then, you still make Gold if you hit 75k and Platinum if you hit 200k by Dec 31.

All this does is insure that nobody drops a tier level(s) going into 2021. You still can move up, but not down.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't play much at MGM properties but I give MGM an A for both the substance and the clarity of this communication.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m on the opposite end. I earned Platinum last year for the first time and my wife earned Gold. All because of 3x tier credit promotion last September. This year we have earned very few points and I would have had to push it to earn Gold. So I am very happy with announcement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.