1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

British Airways Cancel Gatwick Route

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Readingfanman, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Schedule change from British Airways - There are now 0 flights offered from BA from Gatwick to Las Vegas commencing on Dec 5th until March 2015 down from the current three a week.

All people booked are currently being offered re-routing options via the daily service via Heathrow instead.

Personally this is a bit of a pain in the arse, so the OH is going to call them up and see if we can't get at least a free taxi to Heathrow from it.

2. sikwemu

sikwemu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Virgin cancelled their direct from Manchester a while ago and they said it was "for the winter" but we don't expect it back

3. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    British Airways unsurprisingly most unhelpful, basically said there's nothing we can do about it and that we either accept the change or we can have a refund.

Problem is it was WAY cheaper to fly from Gatwick than it is from Heathrow, so we cant rebook. So we just have to accept the fact we're flying off four hours later from a totally different airport it seems.

4. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Virgin are doing direct to Manchester. The missus is booked on a flight on 15th September from Vegas. Not sure how regular it is though. She has to get a delta code share back and end of September.

5. anfurney83

anfurney83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you not cancel, get a refund and fly with Virgin from Gatiwck?

6. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got such a cheap deal flying from Gatwick with BA (£650pp) for 5 nights at Aria with resort fees inc. Virgin is cheap for an outbound from Gatwick but tough to find a suitable inbound flight direct.

I can't complain too much as the deal is great, but BA taking such a hardline policy of no compensation at all irks me a little bit. Even just some cash to get food with at Heathrow considering the fact it's going to be twice the price and twice as long to get there would have been appreciated.

7. sikwemu

sikwemu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Virgin list their flight from Vegas to Manchester as a "one stop off" on that date. Hope I'm wrong but I'd check because if she is expecting a direct......
    They do talk about coming back but as I said, I'll believe when it happens. Used to fly BMI direct and hoped Virgin would take it up but they seem to have got fed up pretty quickly

8. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Virgin suspended their MAN to LAS flights last year from the end of October to end of March. They resumed on 30 Mar 2014 and are supposed to continue until the end of October again.

I have heard that they will be picking up and dropping off at GLA in September. Not sure of the details though, we booked with US Airways for next trip. Don't want to go through the horrible trip home we experienced last December.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.