1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Three Days of Golf

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Clarson5, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarson5

Clarson5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to be in Las Vegas July 18-22. My wife is a shopper, and is fine with me playing golf every day. I'm planning to play at least one day at Paiute. I played the Sun course in May, and will probably play the Snow course. I'm thinking of TPC Summerlin and Spanish Trail for the other two. Does anyone have any insight into these courses? I've read Ken's book, and Spanish Trail was probably private when he wrote it.

I've checked Golfnow, and they have some attractive "Hot Deals" for all of the courses in the afternoon. I know it will be hot, I'll bring some Gatorade and buy some at the course. I don't mind playing as a single, or with getting paired up with someone.

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is exactly true. I've played it but didn't include it. I played it most recently right after the last tweak, which of course isn't even remotely recently. It's not Southern Highlands, it's more interesting than Rhodes. If you're getting access to Summerlin why not SouthShore as your third option?

Have a great time. Afternoon solo desert golf is a kick. You can just fly around.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that is some serious advanced planning.

4. Clarson5

Clarson5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I find on Google shows SouthShore to be private. They just show membership costs, no greens fees. I'm renting a car, so I can go anywhere. How does Spanish Trail compare with Bolder Creek? I've played there and liked it. I'm about a 16 so it doesn't take much to keep me challenged.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it is private. But since you mentioned TPC Summerlin I figured you had connections to private clubs. Westin LLV guests can play SouthShore, as can Pacific Links members.

Spanish Trail is a good residential club track. Boulder Creek is much more of a topsy-turvy desert play.

6. Clarson5

Clarson5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just realized I'm full of baloney. TPC Las Vegas is on Golfnow, not TPC Summerlin.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.