1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WSOP Satellites

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by gigman, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gigman

gigman Tourist

I'm headed down on 6/4, staying at Rio and planning to play in the Senior Event. Have played a few single table satellites in past years with some luck - usually 2way chop.
    Any advice on how/when to play satellites - eg is there a time of day with softer competition? Are the Mega Satellites a good play? Strategy for them?

Any other suggestions or tips on satellites?

2. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The structures don't really give a great deal of play, but are still profitable. The STTs with 1500 starting chips give a fair bit more play than the ones with 1000, so if possible it's best to play those.

A friend who played them last year said that it's also good to get involved in the last longers, because this makes the low rake even smaller, and they're often chopped hu like the tourneys.

He recommends playing the 200+ buyins if possible, for the reasons above.

I've only ever played a few, but I just adopt the general STT strategy of playing tighter early, and then shoving very wide when the blinds increase.

Best of luck!

3. gigman

gigman Tourist

Not sure what u mean by the 'last longers' ? Are these wagers u make with others at your table?? Or? Thx

4. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's pretty much it... 4/5 of the players will add an extra $XX as a private bet, and whoever lasts the longest out of the participants collects the money.

5. GutZ

GutZ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mega's are for 10k in lammers ...
    I believe this one is for $500 lammer ...

I get in on June 1. I am going to make my own satellite and play the $300 survivor (1 in 10 wins) at the Venetian that evening ;)

I am thinking of playing #14 $1500 LO8 and the Seniors. I will be the young guy (53) with the hoody ;)

6. GutZ

GutZ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this one ...

Turbo Mega Satellites May 28 - July 2:
    $75 Buy-In Mega Satellites Daily at 9 AM. Played as No-Limit Hold'em

7. GutZ

GutZ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. TuscaloosaJohnny

TuscaloosaJohnny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, last longers are a good bet for players because they, as mentioned before, effectively reduce the rake percentage (since this is a rake-free additional bet). Don't worry about the holder of the money absconding with the cash...I've done these dozens of times and have never seen it happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.