1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Suggestions for a Downtown Hotel 1 night

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by CoachSt, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoachSt

CoachSt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I realize this is a vague question and everyone has different tastes and experiences.

In late July, my wife and I will stay in comped rooms at the Cosmo on Tuesday and Wednesday and the Aria on a comp on Friday . . .

We decided to try to stay Downtown on the Thursday night of that week. We went to Fremont St once on our last trip and had an incredibly fun time listening to the 80's hair band and drinking from enormous creative glasses/cups :beer:

As I try to research where to stay on various hotel websites, I see a whole bunch of choices that would take a long time to sift through.

Can anyone suggest a room for $100-$200 on a Thursday night that won't be a shock to walk into sandwiched around our other rooms? Is there a low-level suite at that price?

Thanks for your help!

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May I suggest the Golden Nugget, specifically the Rush Tower, Jr. Corner Suite

http://www.goldennugget.com/lasvegas/stay_rushtower.asp

The Golden Nugget is still the closest downtown accommodation with a "strip like feel". The Rush Tower is the newest. The Gold Club rooms in the North Tower are also very nice. Stay outta the South or Carson Tower... those rooms are older and a loooong walk from the action.

The newly opened Downtown Grand might also fit the bill for you.

http://www.downtowngrand.com

Though most all of the properties downtown have been or are being "refreshed", they're older and therefore, most rooms are smaller (how it was back in the day).

3. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On a thursday for $100 you can get any room downtown you want, sounds like you like fancy places so I recommend the nugget, it's by far the most "striplike" of places downtown.

4. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1. It's the gem of downtown.

5. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Silly as it sounds, air conditioning is a major consideration.

Therefore, I would strongly suggest Golden Nugget.

6. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Recommendation

The D has renovated and has beautiful rooms... their website lists this...
    Thursday July 24 The D Suite $149... on the same day, you can get Deluxe Panoramic View High Floor One King or 2 Queens for $29. Even their regular rooms are pretty... and I'm pretty picky.
    ---
    If it were me, I'd take the latter one for $29 and spend the extra $120 I save for a dinner at Joe Vicari's Andiamo Steakhouse or Hugo's next door. There are pictures of their rooms on their website.

7. melbedewy

melbedewy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would stay at the 4 Queens right next door but if you "need" expensive places Golden Nugget is fine-just don't get the tower 2 blocks walk from the FSE!

8. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ Fun until cops show up, then we play Hide n' Seek!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd personally stay at any, but
    :nworthy:Hands down GN for what you r LQQking for

However, have not seen the D yet.
    Surprise her with a dinner at Hugo's for a step back into time!

9. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a one bedroom suite with separate living room and two bathrooms at the Downtown Grand for $89 per night, midweek, in June. :nworthy:

I booked it directly on their web site.

I haven't personally seen the rooms yet, but for the money I'm sure I will be pleased...especially given the newness of this hotel's rooms.

I often re-check rates and have noticed the suite is no longer listed in their choice of rooms for my dates, but perhaps you will get lucky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.