1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Penn and Teller

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by WHIVGOYTUBE, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you get your discounts to this show?

This is a MUST HAVE on our next trip, and will likely book in advance full price.

But, how would you do it? :nworthy:

2. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would use the discount provided on Travelzoo.com
    You get a discount and can book in advance.

3. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't generally sell out in advance, so you could probably get tickets at a half price booth in town. However, it is a magic show, so sitting up close is a sleight advantage.

4. finsfanscott

finsfanscott Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tickets are almost always available at the "half price" Tickets2nite booths up and down the strip. They aren't really half price by the time you add in taxes/fees, etc., are less costly than booking in advance.

The show was OK, but I went in with an expectation they would be more edgy that they were on their Bull- show on Showtime, but were quite disappointed. They actually toned down their presence. Not sure if we went on an off night, or had too high expectations.

Hope you enjoy the show!

5. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Others may disagree, but I would recommend paying for good, close seats. Not only to see the tricks better. I think the room is too big, or the acoustics are bad, or Penn doesn't enunciate or something, because Penn's (loud) voice was sometimes difficult to understand. After every joke I would see someone around me leaning over to ask their companion "what did he say?"

(Edit: I should add that I did enjoy the show, and the guys do stick around in the hallway until every single person has had a chance for a picture with them.)

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Travelzoo

http://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/las-vegas/-50-Vegas-Celeb-Comics-Penn-amp-Teller-at-the-Rio-40-Off-1517873/

it's also on Goldstar.

https://www.goldstar.com/events/las-vegas-nv/penn-and-teller#show_date_selector

I agree, the show was just ok. Honestly I didn't some of the tricks.. or what was tricky about them. Penn is a very smart guy, I think he just went a little over my head. I also agree about better seats if you really wanna be into it. I was front row of the Mezz and that was ok, but you definitely would feel more "in the show" if you were in the orchestra.

7. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya I got my tickets from travel zoo and had no problems with them. I also sat right where you did, and while they weren't horrible seats, I would of rather been much closer.

8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got good seats via Travelzoo, about 10 rows back. I booked quite a bit in advance though. Agreed that for an act like this it pays to be closer.

I enjoyed them in April, it was fun and well worth it.

9. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked through travelzoo and got great seats. We were close to the pre-show musicians. We were in the second or third row and I actully was called up on the stage for the goldfish bowl illlusion. Lots of fun. Took our two kids, ages 17 and 20. They both liked it. HTHs!

It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
  10. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you keep the fishbowl?

My wife was picked the night we attended. She took hers back the next night with a big marker. We arrived in the hallway a few minutes before the end of the show and got Teller to autograph it when they came out.

I agree that the show is not nearly as edgy as we expected.

11. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did get to keep the fishbowl. After the show, both Penn and Teller autographed the bowl. They were very nice.

It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.