1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Signature

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by BklynLatina76, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this plus lack of info in the email could stop my future booking :eek:.

2. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walgreens sell basic things. There is a 7 eleven next to Ellis Island and a supermarket over the road (flamingo east) from Ballys so if you don't intend buying a huge amount it is easily walkable. Just turn right outside tower 3 exit instead of left to The Strip.

3. BklynLatina76

BklynLatina76 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much Corinne. I just figured that for a couple of days I could make my own breakfast to save $$.

4. Cliffroy

Cliffroy Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure about that one. The Orleans put a $100 hold on my card for my two comped nights that I stayed at last week.

Because I rented from an owner at the Sig on a monthly basis, I had to leave a $1000 cash deposit. And then I get hit with a $100 cleaning fee when I leave.

The Palms Place owner hit me for a $1000 cashier check deposit, last year, with a $60 cleaning. I got my deposit back in cash the second I left.

After staying at the room for several months, the rooms are quite a bit more dirty than normal, and there are a lot of dishes and cookware, so I can understand the cleaning fee.

5. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey! Stop talking about this place! Nothing to see here, I love this place, let's keep it quiet:). I didn't know what tower I was in, so when I checked in they told me what tower I was going to be in, and I think any tower can check you in.

I tried to check in at the airport but it was too early, then again it's so peaceful there and I didn't wait in line at all at the hotel.

Lots of complaints about walking, so I expected these huge long walks, I stayed in tower 3 and I didn't think it was long at all, however I'm a Disney person, so I'm used to very long walks.

Tower 3 gave me stunning views of the strip, loved the balcony! The whole place is sophisticated and elegant, but not pretentious. I was a solo, first time Vegaser, and felt very welcomed. Pools are great, with music but not too loud, so you can nap:).

My goal was to go to the noise when I wanted it, not to be in the noise all the time. So if you're six twenty-something's looking to party, this isn't the place. If you love the peacefulness of a resort, and are over 30, you'll love it! I will be very hard pressed to stay anywhere else in the future!

6. BklynLatina76

BklynLatina76 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just came back from my first trip from Vegas and loved it. Plan to go back around the same time next year for my birthday. I stayed at the Signature for five days and it is a beautiful hotel but don't stay in tower 3. It is a long walk from tower 3 to MGM grand and I am a walker. But when you want to get back to your hotel room after walking the strip or partying, tower 3 is far. If you stay at the Signature stay in Tower 1 or 2. Just my opinion.

7. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tower 1 is closest to mgm but tower 3 is closest closest to the strip. i think it depends on which place do people want to go.

just a side note and a heads up, if you have a rental car, both tower 1 and 3's valet close early, around 10:30-11 p.m.. but you can always leave your car at tower 2 which opens 24/7 and pick it up at your tower in the morning. same underground parking.

8. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have an 11 night business stay coming up where we need the car at valet at 6am. So if towers 1 and 3 close early do they open late?

9. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i kind of remember they open pretty early but not exactly sure. you can give the hotel a call to verify.

if you stay there for 11 nights, even you are not sharing the room with somebody, make sure get the 1 bdrm. you won't regret it :thumbsup:.

10. MojaveJoe

MojaveJoe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I stayed here once - tower 2 I believe. It has been one of the best hotel experiences we've had in awhile. Service was great, location was fine, the rooms are very, very well appointed - great bathrooms and the view from our balcony was very nice. The walk to the MGM isn't too bad, so don't let that deter you.

The next time we plan to stay for an extended period of time, I'll be looking here - the kitchen in the room, with all the necessities, is a great amenity for a longer stay.

Great choice!

11. gabeoak

gabeoak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks BigSuv. Right now we just have the basic room booked. Hard to spend an extra 3-400 over 11 nights for the 1BR

12. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't read all the posts and not sure how you booked however the last 3 times I booked I did so thru vrbo.com and with a private owner. Best decision I ever made. May want to look into it next time.

A couple years ago I had a room booked for $1220.00 over the course of 5 nights in October including the weekend. The rates were higher due to a big convention. However I contacted a guy on VRBO who had the same room available for $550....yeppp almost $700 cheaper. He had rave reviews from other renters so I had no qualms about booking through him. I cut him a check, he cut me a confirmation number. I checked in like I would normally. No problems, excellent room, saved a bundle.

13. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i understand and i know it sounds hard to swallow additional $3-400 cost. you can always try the $20 trick. i'm sure they'll do something especially if the couple weeks that you go are slow. even if they can't upgrade you to a 1 bdrm, they'll still give you a better upgrade rate than what you see from their site. maybe extra $200 for the entire stay instead of $3-400. not hurt to try.

14. 83trekker

83trekker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im confused the basic room is a 1 bedroom then you can move up to 1 bedroom with balcony and then 2 bedroom room.

15. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no, the basic room is like a regular hotel room with 1 bathroom, studio like, and still with a balcony. but the 1 bdrm is a "real" 1 bdrm with 2 full bath, a full size kitchen and a very long balcony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.