1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booze you leave behind.

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by billyinpg, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewVegasCowboy

NewVegasCowboy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing back in the UK. Really strange...

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good thread... a couple trips ago I left behind an unopened $50 bottle of single-barrel Jack Daniels. I left it with my normal tip and a note to the maid to please enjoy. I doubted she would actually be able to take it, but never in my wildest dreams did I think the Hard Rock would "reallocated". I just honestly don't think any property would assume such liability.

Sure I couldda put it in my bag, but I put my laptop in their and a few other electronics and with my luck, it'd break open and damage somethin'. Whe I leave Vegas, I'm draggin' anchor and try to lighten things as much as possible. I even take my laptop outta my shoulder bag and put it in the suitcase with wheels. Funny how I arrive tall and strong, but leave town bent, sweatty and weak!

3. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dunno.

That policy sound fair to me.

After all, I use the hotel's soap, shampoo, conditioner, toilet paper, towels, pens, scratchpads, and anything else I can carry out in my suitcase.

Why shouln't they use my liquor and beer?

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw those big bottles in the liquor cabinet last night. I was thinking about fed-exing you that big bottle of Crown that nobody drank in April. The vodka is gone now. Yes, the full 50-gallon drum of it. :drunk:

5. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My take. The staff can probably keep the booze if they want it. The maid told you she has to turn it in, because she's probably looking for a cash tip and does not want to be tipped in unopened alcohol bottles.

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

True. Let's just post uninformed speculation and what we hear from our maids instead. :poke:

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know a couple of people who would make short work of that if you did :drunk:
    Paging Sticky and Snert to the white courtesy phone :kill:

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Um.. who do you think didn't drink it in April? :poke:

9. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly i would not be surprised. Unless you have worked in the hotel industry before you really can't say what they can/will/do etc. Just because the law says one thing don't doubt for a second that they do things and get away with things just cause they can. There are ways to make it look like you purchased that bottle, all you have to do is open it and take the cap you were throwing out from an empty bottle (if it has a sticker like they do here to show you bought it from a licensed vendor).

One major hotel chain here uses left over food in their buffets from weddings that were catered, i heard that one with my own ears when a friend got married and she asked the BM if she could take the plates that she paid for. He said no, they use the food in the buffet so while she paid for the plates if they did not show up she would not get it.

I worked in the hotel industry for a year and i fully believe places are capable and could/would do this. Our staff was supposed to turn in tips so they could be shared because the staff rotated but you better believe some of them kept the tips. They also had to turn in the bottles to be recycled and that went into staff parties.

Just because companies are not allowed to do something doesn't mean that is what actually happens. The people that watch them do not watch them that closely or as often as they should.

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who the heck would leave sealed bottles of liquor or wine behind? I can see cans and bottles of beer but liquor? I doubt it happens often and if it does, they are in the wrong if they are reselling it. I hope they get nailed to the wall if this is true.

11. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought too much for a small party we had in our suite last month at Aria.
    Heading to the airport I asked the Bellman if he wanted the bottle of champagne,two bottles of wine, and a few beers in the fridge.
    With a big smile he said SURE, you serious?
    He was a happy camper!

12. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Possibly the maid has been told to hand over liquor to her supervisor. And possibly also told that CET reuses it. It more than likely gets reused by the supervisor.

If I purposely leave anything of value in the room, I leave it with a note addressed to the maid. The note is dated, says what is left, and I sign my name and room number. I don't want there to be any question of the maid getting in trouble for something I left her.

13. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I went back to my room as it was being cleaned
    after check out ---I always end up leaving a few beers.
    I left a six pack and there was already a bottle
    missing from the six --- the container was on the maid's cart.
    There were some vaccum guys working around.
    Somebody grabbed a beer .
    Good for them !
    Policy is one thing -
    Reality is another.

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always thought there should be some huge warehouse the size of a COSTCO on the outskirts of LV that has all the unopened food and beverage and other usable shit people leave behind, and the hotel workers get to go there and just load up shopping carts with whatever they want. :D

15. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    can't accept at Rio.

Well since bottles of Liquid are now dangers to Air travel in carry on luggage, they might have just left them in the room?
    :poke:

We tried to give our housekeeper extra un-opened booze we were going to leave behind at the Rio, On top of her tip.
    She said they can't accept alcohol from a guest, even if we write a note, and it must go into the trash.

16. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or read.

17. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You certainly can check alcohol in your luggage. The only restrictions I've seen are on putting minis in your ziplock bag for carry on.

18. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where have you seen restrictions on that? This would be the first I've heard of it.

19. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about air travel in the U.S. but we as Canadians are only allowed to bring so much back without paying duty (which is so high as it wouldn't be worth it to bring it back)

That's the only restriction that I can come up with.

20. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry but you can put minis in your quart bag--in fact I have been told by airport security if that is all you want to put --thats fine as long as you can close the bag--

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.