1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Time from City Center to Flight Departure

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by teaboy, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teaboy

teaboy Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be leaving this Sunday at 8pm on Southwest from the Aria hotel.

About what time should I have a taxi pick me up at the hotel so that I can make the flight? I've never been to the Vegas airport before so I'm not familiar with how long the check-in and security process is there.

Thanks a lot.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of it depends on what type of traveler you are... I hate cutting things tight and the stress that "might" come with that... so for me I'd wanna be stepping in a cab at 6:30 p.m. I fly SWA outta there twice a month, but never that late on a Sunday so don't know what the line are like. My guess is people will be scare and you'll sail right thru security. Be sure to pay attention to whether you're flying out of B gates or C gates

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest has a lot of flights out of McCarran... just checking tonight, as an example, from 7PM to 9PM there are 36 flights from Southwest.

The actual getting to the airport part from Aria will go pretty quickly: cab will pull out to Las Vegas Blvd then down to Tropicana, up to Paradise and then on to the airport - probably take only about 10 minutes... but thats a lot people that have to check in and get through security at the Southwest Airlines part of the airport.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We left the luxor by 630 for our 805 am flight last week and had plenty of time on a wed morning. This is our usual time and we always have enough time to sit down and eat breakfast at airport.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its not far, 15 minutes or so.

The lines can be crazy liong.

The single longest line I have ever stood in in my life was at that airport. That includes disneyland rides and all.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would look at 90 minutes from hotel to flight departure as a little tight. Not crazy, but a little tight.

By the way, unless you have carry on only, there is ZERO reason to print a boarding pass in advance.

7. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really depends on the time of day and day of the week you're traveling. I haven't flown out of LAS enough to get an understanding of when their busiest hours are, so maybe someone can chime in. I've noticed that security lines have been longer than normal as well..

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't speak to the security lines since I generally get to skip them with Pre-Check, but the lines to check in and check your bags can be close to interminable. I usually try to leave the hotel about 2 hours before my flight, although that's probably a bit more than is necessary; I just absolutely hate stressing and having to rush, so I'd rather get there too early and have a drink or two, than find myself panicked about missing my flight.

9. sjross2

sjross2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good advice all! seems like 2 hours is a good cushion for getting there and not stressing too much. would be a pity to have a great time in vegas and then spend the last moments stressed out. if 30 minutes can help the trip end on a relaxing note, then it's worth leaving 2 hours early rather than 90 minutes....

10. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria to terminal

The great thing about vegas is there are always taxis sitting around, so you don't have to reserve one. 8pm at night on sunday is pretty good time, pretty much all the weekend people are gone and not much traffic. A taxi will take you about 10 minutes depending on how many red lights you catch. The other factor is how many bags you might check if any. They have those new auto check in, so do that 24 hours in advance to save you a little time, if you care to. Security will be fairly quick, hour and half is fairly sufficient but if you are wanting to get in, take your time, 2 hrs is good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.