1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Grand

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Chinotto_21, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chinotto_21

Chinotto_21 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,
    I booked on Priceline 6 nights at the MGM Grand (sunday thru saturday). I chose the lowest rate which was for a Petite King, not quite knowing exactly what it was. I looked up the Petite King rooms online and I'm not to thrilled with them (too small and bathroom not very private)

I called Priceline to ask for an Upgrade and they direct me to MGM. I called MGM and they tell me to call Priceline.

Would it be reasonable to request an upgrade from petite king to grand king at check-in ? Are these kind of upgrades ever offered at MGM?

2. jacj2020

jacj2020 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upgrades

I wish you luck!! When I booked through a discounter/consolidator I have had difficulty upgrading, even with a twenty. Hope your experience is different.

3. VegasRandy

VegasRandy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they have upgrades available, they'll whip out their suite brochure and show you what they have.

If you're referring to the $20 sandwich.....good luck with that working at the MGM Grand.

4. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

On the $20 trick, I think you're SOL
    But if you ask/offer to pay for an upgrade, saying you "did some research after booking and realized you made a mistake," or more accurately, tell them the same story as you told us, and I am sure you could buy an upgrade, you never know, being a first timer (lie and say you are if you can), they may cut you a break and give you the upgrade. If the desk person is not sympathetic, as for a supervisor, they may have more latitude and understanding.
    Make it clear, you're not asking for free, but only to rectify your own mistake.

5. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you go with a package deal through a 3rd party, the hotel can't do much for you.

6. theghost

theghost Stuck at work, but should find a poker table

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this only in reference to 3rd party bookings or are you speaking of MGM grand in general?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.