1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just because...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In recent months, my threads get closed frequently for no apparent reason.

Making a thread period takes a little thought and some minor investment if only in thought. It's a boot to my hand to close off what is causing no trouble at all. In fact, to close seemingly unharmful threads left and right is on par to creating a hostile environment--the exact type of environment we aim not to create.

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed one of yours got closed for what seemed to be no reason. I said it once and I'll say it again, Any thread on here with a difference of opinions gets the ax.

3. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree...this is one of the only boards on the Internet that you can have a difference of opinion as long as you are respectful to others opinions.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have made some choices in how we run this board that is the opposite of what many other boards do. I don't like that snarky back and forth bickering that goes on and on. It always gets ugly and bleeds into other threads.

Our number one rule is that people respect each other. Its one thing to disagree with someone and another to be a Negative Nellie and keep beating the same dead horse.

We remove those posts, often before many of you see them. When a thread becomes a magnet, our policy is to close it once the original question has been answered. This only happens in threads with multiple deleted posts.

If people could just indulge me and try it my way, VMB would be an even better board where newbies aren't reluctant to ask questions for fear of being mocked or ridiculed. Where a member can enjoy their stay at Quad without being made a pariah.

It has become a trend to be a giant a-hole on the Internet for sport. IMO, there are plenty of other places you can do that. I want VMB to be a welcoming and positive place.

That means we have to walk a fine line between over-moderation and flame wars. I have to decide where that line is and I choose to err on the side of caution.

My email and PM are ALWAYS open to anyone with a concern or question. It is also our policy not to air this business in public for similar reasons so I'm going to close this thread too, but email or PM your concerns and I will get back to you about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.