1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Natedog TR 6/28-7/15 Long Wynn, MGM, Caesar's, Cosmo Live

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by natedog666, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Ok, last week was a trial run, so this is the REAL trip report for me June-July. Hopefully I can keep my luck alive in vegas amid all the negativity being thrown at me from the MGM (trust me, I'm a whiny bitch about it more in person)....

The trip started out well, with a nice limo pickup at the house to the SJC Atlantic private jet terminal.

Pics of the Jet, my friend the dice setter (more on him later), the Rolls pickup with suicide doors. I didn't take a pic of the luggage van where I rode, because the Rolls had my wife, kids, and nanny....see the pecking order in my family?

Attached Files:

2. natedog666

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arrived at the mansion, we have a 2 bedroom (no pool) this time, but plenty of room for the family. Kids and nanny took one bedroom, Wife and I the other. It has a nice study, and kitchen as well. Some pics of the room....

Attached Files:

3. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome back to the Mansion. As Shifter long ago suggested, try the sticky pork buns for breakfast..... I trust you found someone to deal with at Caeasrs? Be sure to let me know how that works out. Shifter and I will be molesting the Beau this weekend, I hope......

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's one lucky nanny.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i love the suicide doors on the Rolls. honestly i don't know why more cars aren't made with them. they're so much easier to get in and out of.

hit them hard at the tables and take all their money. i'm sure they'll get some more before i get there next week!

6. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are bad ass looking. Do they still hide umbrellas in the doors?

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    17 days! Holy trip report, Batman! Have fun and try to survive. I fully expect this thread to reach 20 pages before all is said and done :faint:

I Need Spa
  8. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    haven't ever looked. now you've got me curious, so i'll be sure to look next week.

9. natedog666

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some more pics

So on to the gambling.

I have to bitch some more, because the MGM did not tell me they are doing a major renovation. It would be nice if they told players they were doing that before they are committed to going...

So the MGM is renovating the entire HL baccarat room where I usually have my craps table until mid July. So I have a cramped baccarat table in a tiny room (pic to follow) and the craps in the outside pit area. Oh well, if the luck is there anywhere is lucky right?

1st session
    Because of the new craps location outside in the main pit, had a bit of trepidation. When I arrived, there was a craps player still on the table, the pit boss asks if he could lock up the table after the player leaves, being the nice guy that I am I say of course.

I am with my lucky dice setter friend (my 2nd best ever roll was with this guy) and my cousin from China. They are very superstitious so will go "off" on their bets when the dice fly off the table, horn number comes, or when the dog in my neighbor's yard farts :)

The guy that was still on the table starts a fresh roll when we get there, point is 9. 2nd roll off the table, they immediately yell off as the same time the guy yells same dice. I yell 2 way 9 on the hop for 200. The guy rolls 5,4 BOOM!
    I look at the posse, they picked up their odds too haha.

The guy comes out on the 9 again! I wish I had kept the hop bets up. This time when he rolls off the table nobody says anything except me, 2 way 9 on the hop for 200....BOOM! 6,3! So far no place number has hit yet, and he immediately 7's out once the 3rd point of 8 is established....oh well...sort of broke even on that one.

The table proceeds to heat up a little with my dice setter friend rolling about 10 numbers, 2 passes (he practices 1 hr a day I kid you not). He has a 3-strike system that if 3 people don't make us money we leave. We are all showing solidarity with his system. My cousin does so-so on his roll, strike 1. I 7-out immediately, strike 2, and other guy at table fail miserably as well...strike 3.

I end up making 4k at the table, which is a win, but less than one total bet. Oh well, a win is a win.

We limo it over to the Wynn, to continue my trip from last week. Bitch bitch bitch to my host who was on vacation, I'm sure she appreciated it....but I told her I'm not going back when she's on vacation. Whether that will mean her vacations will be cut short or I will go less we shall see in the future.

The first session was very choppy, as we had a full table and they just put up the reserved signs (they reserve 1/2 the table by my request at the Wynn, because sometimes I like rolling with other people there; the rule is that remaining players can play until they leave, then no new players). Nobody does really well this session, but I eek out a win because I had more money on the hard ways with this one guy rolling about 5 of them. My cousin likes to parlay his hard ways, and basically the guy hits every hard way one time, I press all of them so I won, but he lost. +10k

We grab a quick lunch at Red 8, when my doctor calls in the middle and says my bloodwork is really bad (high chol, triglycerides), he's seeing me in 3 weeks and I better lose some weight and get my blood sugar right or he'll kick my ass. I say it must have been all the vegas eating, I will cut back for the next 3 weeks and be a new man! So no heart attack grill for me, I'm eating salads for the next 3 weeks and golfing every day.

After that sobering news, what do we decide to do, go back to craps of course!

1st roll dice setter 7 out before I'm even done settling in
    2nd roll me, immediate 7 out...
    things are looking awful, and I'm on tilt from bad news and losing everything we made today and more....
    3rd roll cousin....I bet bigger, start with 2k on the pass, full odds, 15k across, 5k come, 1k horn high ace deuce, 1300 hard 6 (first point).
    Numbers come 5, 8 , 10 no repeaters so far, I put 5k on come each time, 5k odds, place bet down.
    Boom 10 hits, 15k right there, i press 5k on odds
    Boom easy 6 hits
    2nd point is 8, on the come out I have the big red covered for 4k to cover my come bets, 3k pass full odds, 1300 on hard 8.
    6 hits, boom add 5k odds
    5 hits, boom add 5k odds
    So now sweating a little big money on table, railbirds coming in fast and furious getting shooed by the pit critters....
    Boom easy 8....18k + 3 = 21k
    After 2 passes it's feeling good!
    Then cousin man rolls a 7....good thing I had a 3-way 7 on the hop and 1k on big red (dealers did that auto for me when I threw out 4k to cover my come bets and said big red, nice of them)
    Get all my odds back and come backs back with a little gravy....
    3rd point is 9, I'm a little scared by the 7 (I'm an idiot) and with 4k on pass only put up 10k odds. Put 1.5k on 6 and 8, 1k on 10, no come bets.
    (memory starting to get a little fuzzy here....)
    Suffice it to say, before the beautiful guy hits the 9, he gets my 4 to 4k, 5 to 10k, 6 to 9k, 8 to 6k, 10 to 4k.
    4th point is a 4, and he sevens out quickly (the ordering here might be a bit wrong if my dice - setter friend is reading, but it is close)

Conclusion, up 92k (counting the beating in the 2 previous rolls), dealers get 2k and we are all happy!

Good first day, now going to see Abraham Lincoln at the Rave theaters at Town Square, love that place!

Attached Files:

10. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love how high rollers eat just like me, Cup Noodles!

11. auburnu008

auburnu008 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are those white appliances? :evillaugh

12. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Geez man, 17 days in Vegas?!? I'd probably end up broke or dead if I spent that long in town one trip [especially if the wife was with me - if I didn't lose it all gambling, she'd surely spend me into the poorhouse with 17 days of access to all those high-end shops, LOL]

Looking forward to 2+ weeks of enjoyable reading - Best of luck!

13. natedog666

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a mid-life crisis a few years back, stayed in Vegas six months, can text in the movie because nobody here.

14. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's the butler pantry.

15. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting pics of the Mansion NateDog! That's probably the only way I'll ever get to see it. Looking forward to this report - I'll even be there a couple of those days. Hope I run in to you! Would love to watch you in action from afar!!

16. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    17 days is a marathon, but if you eat healthy and don't go crazy you can do it.

From the way you gamble, a really good trip could get you up several million I'd think. Best of luck to you!!

Curious though, do you have a stop-loss limit? Is there an amount that if you were to lose it all in the first 3 days you just simply wouldn't gamble for the rest of the trip? It's not going to happen to you though, this will be a lucky trip.

17. ant1433

ant1433 Low-Roller

Good Luck to you Nate- We are all rooting for you. I thought I saw a case of Ramen noodles in the kitchen. You really are low maintenance to be eating Ramen noodles in the Mansions. Love it.:cheers:

18. natedog666

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, knock on wood. I did do that once, lost 1m in the first 6 hours and just left pissed. I could have played more but was so disgusted with myself I cancelled the rest of the trip.

19. natedog666

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the kids wanted the hot bottle and the ramen....I usually don't eat that unless I'm desperate at 3am and need food fast...we've all been there I'm sure!

20. Nacho Money

Nacho Money Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hehe, NateDog - your Cousin's last roll was excellent! Brought us back from the dead and was a gift that kept on giving. He hit the 10 five times(among other things ;) ) and I got to press my $15 all the way up to $350 - I racked about $600 of it luckily before Big Red showed up. Your cousin was the "hero" today ;)

Lookin forward to MaƱana - keep our good rolls going!

Remember :"It's Na Cho Money" after you leave Vegas :wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.