1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

In N Out and my comments

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Bernie2, Dec 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In N Out is where I ate lunch twice as I do love their burgers. That being said I do feel they could be improved if they were grilled and offered potato and/or whole wheat buns as they would make the burger taste better and/or healthier or so it seems to me.Comments are welcome.

2. Zzyzx

Zzyzx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m shocked they don’t have vegetarian options by now. As a California chain, you think they would finally succumb to the pressure.

Granted, any veg option would probably send a shock to their already tightly run and teetering on the edge operations, so I get why they don’t play with their menu. But I assume it would be a wise choice for their bottom line.

3. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto on your comments !

4. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would assume their (very successful) idea is the old KISS concept. Keep it simple and do it fast and well.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe they'll do grilled cheese (i.e., a cheeseburger without the burger), but otherwise, their menu is what it is. I don't eat there because I don't eat beef and don't like their cheese, but hey, it's certainly not hurting their bottom line, and I've got plenty of other options. Every restaurant need not be all things to all people.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joespoolhall, I take it you wouldn't want your burger grilled and/or on a whole wheat/potato bun. Fair enough each to their own.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know you did not refer to me... but as much as I would like those options - not gonna happen. Part of how they do so well is their fixed menu. Doubt they are gonna change it any time soon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's one about 30 minutes away from us in Salem. You can see if from the freeway overpass and there is ALWAYS a line. It doesn't matter if its 10 in the morning or 3 in the afternoon. There's a line. That said, I doubt they need to change their menu to attract more business.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Addition By Subtraction and Better Off

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think part of their bottom line comes from their simple menu. By having a simple menu, they don't have to deal with all the operational issues of changing their menu all the time. McDonald's introduced all day breakfast since a lot of people love their breakfast offerings but it also causes a lot of operations and supply chain issues. ie a new cooking station in each McDonald's for cooking breakfast items during the day

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I, personally, don't see what the hoopla about IN&OUT is.
    I tried it ONCE, thought "meah", and have never been back.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas locations for any franchise seems to at least take away from the “local” flavor. Gilleys? 7-11, Walgreens? TGIF ? It’s difficult.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really want to try In and Out, but there is none near me. When ever I’m in Vegas I can’t seem to get myself to use one of my meals on a chain burger place. One of these trips I’ll finally have to break down and give it a try for lunch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @joshrocker You should definitely give them a try. For the money I think they're a good burger. It's refreshing to buy a burger and fries in Vegas and not have to take out a loan. Another plus, there is usually (always?) a line, so chances are your food will be fresh.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Rookies11

Rookies11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1) Get off the plane at McCarran.
    2) Get the car.
    3) GO!

At least 2 locations now within 10 minutes!

That’s exactly how we start every trip now.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Jsmile898

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume at an uber/lyft/taxi would happily drive thru the drive through window for you if you ask.

16. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HaHa - DH and I did just that about ten years ago - every trip we talked about doing it, finally took a cab from Mirage to In N Out on Tropicana, went through the drive through and back to Mirage. The experience was more fun than the burger itself. That was an expensive burger outing! We did go again a couple of times with friends when we had a car rental.

Ya gotta try it once at least.

17. hail2skins

hail2skins VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think people hype InO up to the point where the expectation people have is going to be the most amazing meal ever, when in reality InO just provides solid fast food.

The best thing about InO, compared to some other burger joints, is value. I haven't been to one since May, but I remember a Double Double meal was like $8. That's probably a little cheaper than the traditional fast food places, but is way cheaper than other comparable burger places. The same meal at Five Guys these days is gonna be close to $20, tax included.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Jsmile898

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Canada, we hear all about shake shack. Will try to check it out next time.

19. Trevler

Trevler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its always fresh at In N Out, whether there is a line or no.

As to the overhype- In N Out is probably the best SoCal style burger out there. I don't personally think 'socal style' is the best STYLE of burger, but when thats what I want.. I go to In N Out.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the quick-hit world, it's a winner, like the Habit. But let's also not overthink this.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.