1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

U.K and U.S in talks to open an air bridge between the countries.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by The Stig, Sep 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phnut

phnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I've just had the same thing happen.

Thurs 9th Dec moved to Fri 10th. I am thinking about getting them to move it to Weds 8th instead as that means I don't have to change hotel reservations and as the flight is very late at night, I can stay in the room as late as I want to rather than being forced to check out at 1 or 2. I guess it depends on how long you are going for whether this works or not but for me 17 nights instead of 18 is no big deal.

Let's just hope that they hurry up and announce a date for the reopening - otherwise it might not make any difference at all anyways

2. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve not had anything yet - and logging in still shows 4th and same flight times, but I guess they may be working through in order of booking.

Not sure what that will mean for me - I can’t fly on 3rd due to work commitments, flying back on 9th is really the only option (I could have done 10th at a push but sounds like this will be cancelled as well).

So it’s 4 nights or nothing….

Probably won’t make up my mind until we get a firm date.

3. Whilestockslast

Whilestockslast Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck with that

4. weegranty

weegranty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked my flights with British Airways for the 27th Dec. Looks like prices have been steadily increasing over the last few weeks,so just bit the bullet and purchased.

• Like Like x 3
  5. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an e mail from Virgin Atlantic about a schedule flight change for Nov 10th and I thought "oh no", but it was good news my flight departure time has been moved to an earlier time and will arrive in Vegas in the afternoon instead of the evening.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. blackjacker2

blackjacker2 Never ever play 6:5, it is not blackjack

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same message for my trip in March. I am rather pleased with the changes, more like old slots Virgin had that I have used a few times

Vegas 2024
  7. Whilestockslast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had the same, yet scary is the story floating in the daily Mail saying the airlines are being primed for an opening between the 8th and 13th - which totally stuffs my trip as the better half has set time off and we are booked now for the 3rd November

8. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have edged my bets as well and wanted to get in before the prices started to rise, I went for the 10th as I thought I would be safe. Like yourself though I'm waiting on the USA to confirm the actual start date. If it comes to the worst I could probably change it to later in the month but hoping I don't have too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still booked for 20th November :cool:

Has there been any confirmation whether the AZ jab is acceptable? I read somewhere there was a question mark as it's not authorised in the US. If it's not do I get a refund on flights I wonder?

10. Whilestockslast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The whole world is using it so it won’t be a problem

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not used in the US, but is everywhere else in the world and is also WHO approved.

The CDC website says as much, so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, great! Thanks both!

• Like Like x 1
  13. phnut

phnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a little disconcerting that it has now been 2 week since the announcement but still no further clarification on any of the specifics. At least it looks as though Virgin are seriously ramping up preparation for a resumption by adjusting flight dates and times. My confidence in the fact that anyone is actually doing anything and the fact that the ban was pointless in so many ways anyway, is reflected in my expectation that the authorities will eventually announce that the ban will be lifted starting Nov 31st...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've bitten the bullet and booked flights for mid-February. I'm not going to worry about the specifics about getting into (and out of!) the USA until the New Year at the earliest.

Good luck to those hoping to travel in Nov/Dec. looking forward to your trip reports.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a heads up about these schedule changes, I got the email and didn't think anything of it. Went on the Virgin Atlantic site today and they have moved our seat reservations to the middle!

I'm proper annoyed as we specifically booked the rear row as I can't stand anyone kicking me in the back for 10 hours. Of course the rear row is now taken!

So I think worth logging in and double check.

16. Whilestockslast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably true as I have had flights on Thursdays cancelled and moved to Wednesday and a Friday so they have basically moved everyone into seats that were open on both the Wednesday and Fridays - shoddy when you paid 10 months ago to get a particular seat.

17. MacAttack

MacAttack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked the 12th Nov thinking I would be safe - if it turns out to be the 13th I will be raging but will also just rebook flights immediately and go back to be excited again......

Half Solo - Bellagio Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  18. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers for the heads up, just checked on the app and my seats are still the same as I chose. I have had that done to me before though, usually with a connecting flight.

19. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just had a message to say my rescheduled flight for 3 Nov has been cancelled - not sure whether that is because I’ve asked to cancel it or whether the flight isn’t going….

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Whilestockslast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My flight on November 3rd has been cancelled as well thanks USA . Gov for not making something simple - simple
    Cancellation number Seven for me - I genuinely thought I would be able to make this one especially after the September 20th announcement that the USA was actually opening up for November. Very disappointed as I had a great break booked especially for the other half.

• Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.