1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pent up demand must be something.

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Marlin3, Jul 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marlin3

Marlin3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked the Flamingo Premium room Sunday - Wednesday at Flamingo which was Comp’d. Last minute I decided I wanted to fly in tomorrow night and simply add a night. When I tried to book online it wouldn’t allow me to book online stating that that checking out on Sunday overlapped with my reservation starting on Sunday.

I called reservations and they also had a hell of a time. I was on the line for nearly 2 hours. The best they could quote me was $380 standard flamingo room or a super great deal of $200 room at Rio. Lol…

I’ll try my luck walking up tomorrow…

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Biggest issue.
    The computer has a problem when you do what APPEARS to be a double book.

When it sees a check out and checking in on the same day - it thinks you have two rooms. In real world, you only have one.

Just the way it is.

Try booking a room WITHOUT logging in to see what it shows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be fair, the computer often has a problem with, well, everything.

Agreed with the advice to try it without logging in. I also might recommend trying to open in private mode so you're not caught up with cookies and browsing history.

4. Marlin3

Marlin3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a mess. Stayed in a regular flamingo room last night as expected. Today it looks like somehow my reservation for the remainder of the trip (Sunday - Wednesday) went from flamingo premium room to an accessible flamingo room. They say it’s a new room type. I don’t want an accessible room though and have other offers for executive rooms comp’d. It’s hard as hell to even find someone that will look at the reservation. Standing in line now for another crack at it.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  5. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This weekend was pretty sold out with celebrity week. You had dave chapelle and Joe Rogan, Justin Bieber at Wynn, Garth Brooks saturday night at the stadium, a Connor McGregor fight, and a few other things all going on the same weekend. When I had to extend my stay at the last minute to include Friday night, my only available CZR comp was a 275 square foot room at Linq. I usually have Jr and executive suites comped at CZR properties, and at MLife where my comps include suites even at some of the nicer properties, best I could get was a base room at Excalibur, and that was with a host. He couldnt even get me in at Luxor because they were full. If they were able to get you a room Friday or saturday night for free last second, that's a win.

6. Marlin3

Marlin3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just finished talking to them and they asked if I just wanted to stay in the same room as I was in since I didn’t want the accessible room. I said no and asked if I could have the executive room which was showing as comp’d in my web offers. They asked if I wanted the accessible room instead. I asked again if I could do the executive room comp’d in the offers. She said she got the room for me, without clarifying what room it was. I go upstairs and I got an accessible premium room lol. Oh well

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  7. Marlin3

Marlin3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to watch Bucks/Suns in my room and the main Tv doesn’t even work smh lol

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, that has nothing to do with pent-up demand, but a pain in the entire ass. The only thing worse for me than shoddy internet is shoddy TV.

9. Santa Cruz Mark

Santa Cruz Mark Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In addition to all of the above, Mandalay Bay is hosting the USA Olympic basketball teams and 4 international teams with exhibition games open to the public.

I got lucky and got a room for 3 nights at the Flamingo for this weekend. I booked online last Tuesday and reserved a comped “city view” room, a category I hadn’t heard of. After booking, I noticed that I blew it and only booked Fri/Sat and didn’t include Sunday. I couldn’t extend it online. so I called Wednesday and was told there was no availability, even though it showed rooms online. I called again on Thursday and was told I couldn’t get a room comped and they quoted me a crazy price. I called Friday morning and within about 3 minutes the person extended the reservation.

it turns out my city view room is a full on strip view, premium room, I was impressed! Attached are a couple of photos. The only problem is the internet service is awful and my Verizon service is also really bad.

BTW, this is my first post after being a long time lurker. I used to visit Vegas all time, but hadn’t been in 12+ years until April of this year. A big thanks to all of you, I’ve learned a lot from you gals and guys!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  10. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has long been a CET issue with the system. Also, trying to score a Saturday night last minute right now is a tough play...the joints are basically sold out!

11. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed a conspicuously larger than normal number of people who were conspicuously larger than normal, vertically speaking, down in the Mandalay Bay / Luxor area. I knew there was some kind of basketball thing but couldnt remember what specifically. But yah, lot of tall folks down there lol

• Funny Funny x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.