1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

walking with alcohol through hotel lobby

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by vegas mickey, Mar 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas mickey

vegas mickey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

We're going to be making a stop between the airport and Mandalay Bay to pick up some beer and wine to keep in the room's mini fridge. Will the hotel stop us if we're bringing it up to our room?

Thanks in advance.

2. FloridaGirl

FloridaGirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, I’ve never been stopped but I don’t think you’re allowed to put left over food or drinks in the mini bar or you’ll get charged.

3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As @FloridaGirl said, they'll charge you if you put it in the minifridge, but carrying alcohol around is a total non-issue. Many places have a "no outside food or drinks" policy on paper, but in practice it'll almost never be an issue unless you're wheeling in a keg.

If you're concerned about keeping things cold, I'd go to Walgreen's/CVS and get a foam cooler and a bag of ice, but Mandalay Bay (or at least Delano) should have ice machines, and you can just dump it in the sink.

4. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can see a terminology misunderstanding incoming here. @FloridaGirl is right, you can't store personal items in the mini bar. You can do so in a mini fridge, but most rooms at Mandalay Bay don't have one (except for some premium suites) unless you request one be sent up.

EDC
  5. SprintGravy

SprintGravy Gravy Train Conductor

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plus a foam cooler is gonna get things colder than those shitty fridges they put in the rooms sometimes

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only the Hardrock used to be dicks about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should be no problem walking around with alcohol in a lobby. Wife and I bring a few large zip lock bags and fill them with ice, or put beer into the ice bucket when there is no room fridge.

8. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year we wheeled in a conspicuous foam cooler full of alcohol and snacks at both Caesars Palace and Bellagio on our 4th of July trip and nobody cared. Had to cover a lot of ground in Caesars Palace to get from parking garage to Octavius tower without going up and down stairs, and had to walk by check-in at Bellagio. Nobody said anything at either place.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you happen to run across Barney Fife, you shouldn't have a problem. I'm sure most have regs about incoming food and bev, but I bet the only time they press it is when they need to.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Tatertot

Tatertot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "no outside food/drink" policy seems to only 1 demographic of guests for enforcement. It's dumb, isn't enforced and needs to disappear - especially considering that most properties are connected to a Walgreens/CVS/ABC store...

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the cool kids above seem to indicate "it's no problem maannnn". That may well be the case, but I wouldn't advertise it or wave it around... throw a coat over it or something. I'm a former Hard Rock patron and people used to buy tons of alcohol at the CVS across the street and truck it in. @TableToddyy is correct, Hard Rock was tough on it, but I think they fought a lot of underage stuff going on in the rooms, etc. The "image" they cultivated exacerbated their problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Raven888

Raven888 Watanabe wannabe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On one of my recent Vegas trips I was in the limo drinking champagne on the way to the hotel. We pulled up to the front and there was still some champagne left in the bottle, and I asked the limo driver, "Can I take this with me?" And he said something like, "You can take that anywhere in Vegas." I walked through the lobby and checked in while swilling champagne straight from the bottle, and no one seemed to care.

I've also gone to that CVS right there on the Strip to do a liquor run for the hotel room, and it didn't seem to be a problem, either.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The enforcement of the "no outside food or beverages" rule is fluid and subject to the crabbiness of whomever stops you. :)

I have had the bellman at Mirage load up a luggage cart of beer, booze and mixers, straight from Lee's Discount Liquor. While once the Paris bellman told me that I couldn't have my cooler of food and drinks, so I loaded them all into my suitcase in front of him and he took the suitcase, but not the cooler.

Another time I was carrying a giant 1.75l jug of Captain Morgan in one arm and another 1.75l bottle of Grey Goose in the other. I made many friends walking from the taxi stand to the Boulevard elevators. Everyone wanted to know what room the party was in. :haha:

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  14. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that’s funny. We waited like 2.5 drunken hours for a room number. After all these years, that was YOU!! :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. SprintGravy

SprintGravy Gravy Train Conductor

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I know what I am gonna do next time I am in Vegas.... Never knew I needed to do this.

16. Laostuh

Laostuh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually use one of the double sinks in the room as a cooler. I pull the plug up so it holds water, put in the bottles, pour ice over. VIOLA

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. 3544quebec

3544quebec High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    walking with alcohol through hotel lobby

I have a buddy whose blood is basically 100 Proof 24/7 and as long as he doesn't puke into the flower arrangements I've had no problems walking with him/carrying him through the Bellagio lobby. :drunk:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 4
  18. Tatertot

Tatertot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you seem reasonably wealthy and look a certain way, you won't hear anything 99% of the time.

19. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    some suites at MB do have a separate cooler fridge. The Skyview does for sure.

I uave brought beer and or grocery bags thru Wynn, Mandalay, hell even had Vons grocery delivery to Mirage and never a problem.

As long as you arent bringing cases and cases for a party like catering, you should be fine 95% of the time. Like @Sonya said it depends on if you pass someone in a grumpy mood!!

20. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually not an issue, but as others have stated there is a policy against it. I'd avoid buying a cooler as it makes you stick out. If you are really worried pack a duffle bag and put it in there. Also as noted, there are no personal use fridges at Mandalay(in base rooms) so you can't put stuff in the mini bar fridges as they are usually fully packed and moving anything for more than a few seconds triggers a bill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.