1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

different way to buy caesars diamond inside

Discussion in 'Comps' started by georgesken, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Off of there site, take note that a screen shot will work

Upload a picture or screenshot of your member card from another hotel loyalty program. Make sure your name and current status are visible.

2. JimmyG

JimmyG Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, screen shot of the card to Wyndham and the match showed up a few days later.

3. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I missed the screenshot wording - I have gone ahead and submitted it so fingers crossed.

4. StevieNight

StevieNight High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a diamond member with Hilton through stays and they've not sent me a physical card in years, so a screenshot must be fine!

First Trip of 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rogue

rogue Tourist

You dont need a card for wyndham match, I did it from either Hilton diamond or IHG platinum - I dont remember which, but either way it was a screenshot of the acct with acct number and points blurred out and it was fine.

6. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone you were all right no card needed. Screenshot worked! Should be updated to CET Diamond within 7 days woo hoo!

7. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wyndham says the status match only lasts 90 days. So does that mean you have Caesars diamond status for only 90 days or until the end of the year?

8. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 90 days is due to it being a status/tier match "challenge". It's pretty standard whether you match from Hilton/Hyatt/Marriot etc. It's different since Wyndham has a partnership with CET. So once you get Wyndam and match to TR/CR Diamond, you get that for a whole year. Or really pretty much as long as the partnership lasts given the 2 companies allow the tier matches between one another.

9. EnglishGent

EnglishGent Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am Accor Gold (ibis/novotel etc) and sent off proof for Hilton Honors match to start the process...

However Hilton Honors have just emailed me to say that they have refused as they are saying its inelligable to compare or not an elligable hotel brand.

Any ideas on what i should do? Go back to them and argue it? Etc.

10. georgesken

georgesken Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are the first one that I hear is denied this. I would try again or call them.

11. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You probably had a bad rep that didn't know or unfamiliar with Accor. Your Accor Gold should have matched to Hilton Gold. I would try again and see what happens or call them.

12. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would just go buy a Wyndham upgrade on eBay...easiest way

13. NWAKALUM08

NWAKALUM08 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you buy an upgrade is it just somebody who already has HH Gold or equivalent status and they just take a screenshot and have Adobe to change name and account number? I just got HH Gold through a CC but I can make it look exactly the same and change a name and number with no problem.

I was thinking of doing this for my wife so she can get CET Diamond. But I don't want to risk getting in trouble. She has no HH or wyndam points so it wouldn't really matter.

What do you guys think?

14. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not trying to be the moral police here, but that would be blatant fraud.

It would be easy enough for your wife to obtain a legitimate status with a competitor to start the match process. She could apply for the same CC you have or another one (almost all the hotel ones give some kind of status). The IHG credit card currently has a 120k point bonus if you spend $5k in the first 6 months https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/ihg-rewards-club-premier

Wyndham will match you to Diamond with any of the following:
    • Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Platinum Premier Elite or Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador
    • Hilton Honors Gold or Diamond
    • Choice Privileges Diamond
    • Best Western Diamond Select
    • Hyatt Globalist
    • IHG Platinum Elite or Spire Elite
    • Radisson Rewards Gold or Platinum

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. CassieInVa

CassieInVa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I matched CET Diamond to Wyndham Diamond. I did not receive a card. Is.that normal?

16. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with @mikel123 Not worth the trouble and risk to do that. Buying into some other program and then tier/status match is a lot safer.

IRT buying an upgrade, I'll provide some insight on it. What happens in the background when buying a status on Ebay, like Wyndham or any hotel program is legal and legit, sort of. I'll try to make it simple. Many times when you're buying into a status/tier for like say Wyndham, the person/people that are offering/selling it are part of or works for a tour group/agency. They require your account info (acct #, password, security question answers, and sometimes even copy of passport, etc) because they need to access and utilize it. They are using your account to make reservations for hotels under your name for the people that use the tour group/agency. Then after the hotel stay, the qualifying nights get added and reflected in your account and you then get "upgraded" to a higher tier status. It's pretty much "manufacturing" hotel stays. This is usually the case for upgrade offers on Ebay. The moral and ethical arguments for this method is debatable, but that's simply how you get the upgrade when you buy it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never received a card either.

18. dwild

dwild Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do Diamonds that status matched via Wyndham still get the $100 celebration dinner?

19. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep I did it recently

20. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t think they are all like that - I know of 3 examples 2 Hilton’s and 1 Wyndham off eBay that gave a 90 day status upgrade there is no hotel stays showing on any of the accounts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.