1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The El Cheapo Trip: Good Things Come in Threes?

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by tringlomane, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedChip

RedChip VIP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hahaha...

Thanks for the TR. One of these days I hope I get to play some VP next to you have a beer.

One night at the Gambling Hall...
    ...followed by two nights downtown
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's going to be a shaded pool deck just for Nomad guests.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Texas Steph

Texas Steph A Work in Progress...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report, Tring!!
    You are a really good story-teller... lots of details and pics, with just the right amount of sarcasm and humor. Congrats on lots of VP and beer, and going home ahead! It was such a short trip, I'm sure M will forgive you the late nights [emoji16]

Glad you got to try, and enjoy, the Raspberry Lemon Drop! I swear it depends on the bartender... some have made good ones, and others have made great ones!

Hope you get to visit again sooner rather than later!

• Like Like x 1
  4. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun trip! For an "El Cheapo" trip, you sure packed in a lot! Frontier's got you by the balls now with those ridiculous fares.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip & you packed in so much!

I didn't realize Jeff Civillico had moved to Paris. I still haven't seen his show. Plans for May are likely Paris though so I could use my Diamond ticket then.

I actually have never had an A/C or heat issue at Flamingo - but possibly because I'm trying to keep it around 72 lol. Only place I have ever had a heating/cooling issue was also in Orlando as someone else mentioned. Courtyard Inn - omg it wouldn't cool. 94 degrees outside. Horrid humidity. You get the idea....

• Like Like x 1
  6. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip and report!

So holding the 10 with just one other suited face or ace is the wrong play? I figured so, but a friend once pointed out how frustrating it would be to ditch the 10 and catch the other three, so I've held the 10 ever since. Seeing I play nickels, I don't mind sacrificing the 25 cents to make the "wrong" play every once in a while anyway.

Thanks for the write-up and awesome pics! Good luck getting back soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The photo skills were mostly M. Galaxy S8 and a more sober hand. Lol

Yeah, unless things change, I think we will always go outbound on Frontier. That red eye is rough though!

Yes Ace-Ten suited is wrong in nearly every non-progressive game except two pair Joker Wild or One Eyed Jacks. Lol

It only cost the lady about 23 cents longterm though. Or a penny at nickel stakes. "Better to be lucky than good!"

• Like Like x 1
  8. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And shit I forgot this pic in the bathroom stall at McCarran. This did NOT happen to us!

20180118_235024.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. nancyf

nancyf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved this report... never heard of anyone changing rooms so many times but I don't blame you - have to have AC working...great pictures - loved the last one from the airport mens room... seems like you both had fun - and that's what it is all about :clap:

10. vetsen

vetsen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And Shockwave!! Don't forget Shockwave!! ;)

Actually, that's a really good video poker trivia question. In what non-wild card game is AT a correct hold without a progressive.

Thinking about it for another minute........All-American also. Both games have flushes paying 8 and no bonus for aces.

If anyone wondered what Tring meant when he said we were talking about stuff that most people would be bored with.....this kind of stuff. :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ace-Ten suited is ALWAYS the correct hold ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha. Nice ones. All American, Missouri's last positive game, RIP. :(

Considering your wife hit with it, of course it is! :p

13. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. DDB

DDB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas again? Baller

Great report as always. I hope to have half your luck (and a quarter of the booze) on my upcoming trip. It won't be long now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No! He's not harsh, he's right. Every time I read tringlomane (my vp math hero) was playing some sub-par game I die a little inside. I know; you give a little to get the specialty beers you want. But I don't drink beer so I just see the vp and I sigh.

• Like Like x 1
  18. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like you told me with @vegasnut at MSS. Different priorities as we age... I know I am playing sub par vp. But I am doing so for the drunk 23 year old in short dresss next to me. Doesn't make me not knowlegable. My priority is for fun and hopefully good so short term variance Thst is why got pissy with dancer and th3 article

• Like Like x 1
  19. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also if I'm with M, getting to better VP places like downtown is like pulling teeth. :(

And he's correct. He's always correct. But he doesn't have to make frequent disparaging comments about the way other people play. At least I tend to think that he tends to think casual players are "beneath him". If everyone treated VP like he did, profitable VP would be virtually non-existent. So I'm glad that some players just play what they feel like.

And thanks for saying I'm your math hero! I'm better in theory than in practice! Lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've found that if I save good VP for alone times instead of playing shit games at a bar, I have a more enjoyable trip overall.

E.g. if I'm on the Strip, I'm not going to play some crap CET bartop, I'll wait until my wife goes to bed and play Row 802 at Aria or the Cromwell single line game, or I'll schedule one day downtown to go insane

Bob could be gentler, but I'm closer to his overall view. I never really play a game sub 98%, and even then I struggle to go much below 99%. I get it that it is harder to do that on Strip than it is to search around for 3:2 blackjack, but it's still easy enough to play 50 cent JoB at TI, the good Cromwell machines, the 25 cent DSTP at Aria, the airport deuces penny game at Cosmo, and the 7/5 BP bartop progressive at Bellagio that I don't slum it at some 96.xx% bartop shit game.

The real problem is you're stuck at CET, which has some dreadful games.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.