1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Visit once a quarter? Not likely. I just canceled a trip to Harrahs SoCal.

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DaiLun, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to visit Harrahs SoCal because the previous comp offer (March) was good.

$250 travel reimbursement
    $250 free play

I put in a little over $10,000 coin in over two days (two 1000TC days)

I had just gotten a "new" host, who was really trying to get me to come down in June. Even though I pointedly asked her if I needed to come down in Q2, vs. Q3, she said "whenever you want to come down."

So, I booked a flight and a car for two days in early July. She told me that my offers had "dropped" to $100 travel reimbursement and $50 Free Play. At those amounts I couldn't really justify it and told my host as much and cancelled my trip, since I was getting much better offers in Reno/Tahoe.

What she told me was "Because you missed visiting us the whole second quarter, we do not have any statistics to show you have played in our property. So, in order to have better offers, please come and visit us."

I understand that CET only "operates" Harrahs SoCal, but AFAIC (As Far As I'm Concerned), quarterly visits aren't something that I would plan for that property. It's a nice property, but

1) getting to/from it is a PITA
    2) it's the "only" property that I would game at
    3) I can get to Las Vegas for much less and have a much better time.

2. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to SoCal twice a year and get zero offers, other than corp. comp rooms. I went to Reno/Tahoe and New Orleans once and got offers for 2 years. When I got my SoCal survey about my host, I wrote whats the point of having a host if they have no offers to work with.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what's the $100/$50 based on then?

Screw 'em.

4. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Harrah's SoCal offers are nonexistent for us. Except for free rooms they give us nothing. We only get there maybe once a year because we're from the east coast but you'd think that, after a visit, we 'd get some offers to come back. Never do. It doesn't surprise me that they're treating you so poorly.

5. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would wrap it up for me.

6. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, your much better off going to Vegas. I've hit up Harrahs So Cal more frequently over the last two years but it's only a 90 minute drive. I can only handle two nights there though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.