1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Weird SWA landing announcement

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It didn't bother me, but it was different. We got the usual "welcome to lost wages" announcement when we landed. But then the flight attendant said if you have time, come to my bar. It's called Bar Code on E Flamingo.

Never heard a commercial before.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was the flight attendant cute?

4. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Obviously this isn't a situation that SWA is aware of. If they were, this flight attendant would more than likely lose his or her job. This isn't something that would bother me, but the higher ups at SWA would probably have a different view on the subject. I say this because I've worked several jobs and none of them would allow us to promote our business or our other jobs while on the clock for them. I also know other people that work for airlines (not SWA) and they know people that have been disciplined (usually terminated) for doing just that.

5. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never gotten this announcement before. Maybe I've always had my headphones on?

6. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was this the Ahole FA?

7. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA is a bit different that a lot of other airlines, though. They actually might not be bothered by this sort of thing as long as they're not getting complaints from their customers about it. They give their employees a bit more slack than most employers.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, Ahole was a male. Bar owner was a female.

9. Sniff009

Sniff009 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Lost Wages is funny. I have heard it twice. No one usually pays attention however because it's always a rowdy trip going to Vegas.

10. joaks

joaks desert tortoise

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On our last SW flight, we got one of the famed singing flight attendants. She sung many of the announcements. I had always heard of it, but that was a first!

11. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of our first SW flights to Vegas they played Elvis and Viva Las Vegas, that was so cool....

12. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive prob flown twenty times with SWA to Vegas and never had a singing FA, looking forward to that!

13. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I said, Southwest is unaware that it's going on. All it takes is one complaint from a passenger or even another employee to put an end to it. It actually doesn't even have to be a formal complaint about that employee. Picture this: Johnny works a flight with Suzie and Susie makes an announcement about coming to her bar if people have time. Johnny manages a restaurant when he's not flying so on his next flight, he announces something about the restaurant. Unfortunately, on Johnny'S flight is one of the bosses for SWA. Johnny gets called into an office later on and gets told that he can't do that, it's against company policy, and that he needs to stop. Johnny, out of frustration, confusion, or simply bc he doesn't like Susie very much says, "But Susie makes an announcement about her bar every time she flies into Vegas." Now all of a sudden, the boss knows about Susie doing it also when she wasn't even directly involved in Johnny'S situation.

While the situation may seem unlikely, it does happen and it probably will happen because people are petty that way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny I can't tell the difference anymore if going to LV or St.Louis these years..My first trips you could way back when things were 'looser'..People in the back smoking and drinking and maybe more in the bathroom on night flights from EWR in NJ..;)

I got one in September though she sang upon landing only..can't for the life of me what is was about and I was sober..

Wasn't that great at all...I have had some funny creative Spirit Fa's that crack some jokes...Once we landed pretty hard and the FA announces " Welcome to Atlantic City with another fine landing by Capt. Smith" Most of the plane got a laugh out of it..

15. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first time flying SW was to vegas and it was on st. patty's day and all the beer was free! We had no idea what was going on

16. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly SW every trip I make to Vegas and I have to say the flight crew is getting weirder each trip........I mean like stupid weird.

17. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I have only got the "Lost Wages" shtick once of about 5-6 outbound SWA flights. It is very crew dependent I think.

18. rittermd

rittermd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite Southwest announcement coming to Vegas. There was not a gate available so we were setting on the tarmac. The flight attendant announced that we had a special passenger and it was their 100th birthday. Everybody cheered. Then she said it was the first time they've ever flown in their life. Everybody really cheered. Then she said when you get off the plane say happy birthday to the captain..

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actual departure announcement I heard on a flight from LAX to SLC...

"For those of you who have not been in an automobile since 1955, this is how a seat belt works..."

"In the extremely unlikely event of a water landing on our flight to Salt Lake City, your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device. So strap it on and kick, paddle, paddle, kick until you reach dry land!"

20. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly Spirit, so I've never heard, "Welcome to Las Vegas, where the local time is [expected arrival time]."

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.