1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paying Resort Fees

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by radvegas, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radvegas

radvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When i check in i am due to pay the resort fees only. will this automatically be charged to the card that i have to provide or can i pay cash. its not a big deal, but in my head i want to only use the cash i have on me if necessary, only using my card if need be.

2. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be automatically charged to the card on file with you check out.

I don't think they accept cash for payment

3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cash is king, baby! For all debts public and private

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100% wrong. When you go to check out, you have the option to use points, credit card, debit card or cash. If you do not check out, it will automatically be put on the credit card you supplied at checkin. And if that credit card offers cash back, or airline/travel points, you will earn those. (we charge everything and fly lots of flights each year for free)

5. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stand corrected, I have never seen anyone pay with cash

6. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The answers are a little bit off of the OP's question. He wants to know about paying the resort fees with cash at CHECK-IN. I do not know for sure if they will let you put cash on your account at the beginning of your stay but I believe they will. You would still have to verify at check-out that the cash will be used to settle the resort fees and not your credit card. It is much easier just to settle at the end of your stay, but you might not have any cash left at that time. :cry:

First Birthday Trip
  7. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Granted, very few pay with cash. Especially those with none left as they leave - LOL!

The resort fee is just another of many charges that hit the hotel folio during your stay.

8. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always pay cash out of my bankroll at the end of my stay if there is any left over. I know some some hotels/resorts allow for upfront cash in addition or in lieu of.

9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe they will put a hold on your card for the fees and for incidentals, but if you check out in person, you can pay the bill in cash and not have your CC charged.

10. CALELLA

CALELLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I paid my full bill at check in at Harrah's on 13th June including the Resort Fee for a 9 night stay in cash, so the answer is yes they do accept cash.

11. radvegas

radvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for all of your answers :)

I (wrongly) thought that resort fees were paid on check in, not check out. Does that mean I am able to use the resort credit I have been offered to cover them?

12. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No dice on that one.

Resort credits are cool for hotels because you are getting a credit on a retail markup, and often spend more than the credit. It would be much more costly to a hotel to let you just write off their precious fees.

13. radvegas

radvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ah well, it was worth a shot. they have got all of the bases covered with these resort fees!!

14. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems they do not allow you to pay resort fee with your resort credit. GO FIGURE?!

Anyways, most people spend more than the resort credit on food, drinks, spa, tickets anyways.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  15. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some resorts (MGM) are offering credits to cover the resort fee, but it has to be stated that way. Most credits are labeled as to what they cover i.e. food and drink...

16. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pay resort fees in cash all the time (primarily M-life properties). They've never even raised an eyebrow.

EDC
  17. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the OP's question was whether you can prepay them in cash at check-in.

18. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Rad, per your count down timers, you'll be at Mlife resorts.

If you don't use a host, swing by the Mlife desk BEFORE checkout, and ask them nicely to check and see if you've played enough to get resort fees taken off. We've always had great luck with this.

Sometimes they'll even deduct extra food/beverage (or all, Ive often had whole stay charges wiped). The only thing they can't take off are tips or retail purchases.

We ALWAYS run by the Mlife desk pre-checkout if there is even a small charge beyond comps. The worst they'll tell you is no.

It's a good habit to get into, as you don't have to play as much as you think to get freebies, but it's something that the checkout desk will not/cannot do.

If not, you cant apply RC I don't believe, but I think you can apply express comps (but not on tips). If they say no comps, ask if you can apply your express comps.

And yes, you can apply cash if you tell them before they run your card...but "free" trumps all!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  19. radvegas

radvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never would have thought to visit the mlife desk pre checkout to be honest. thanks for the advice :) I thought it was down to the people who check you out that decide whether you got backend comps. I will certainly give it a shot :)

20. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My pleasure! The front desk has nothing to do with comps, they just process the bill. Comps are hosts or mlife. Even if you're eligible for comps, a hotel won't apply them unless you ask. (Unless you have a host, but that's a higher level of play than my level.)

I honestly figured we didn't spend enough to get ANY comps when we first started going. We haven't paid for a room in years now. Never presume you don't play enough...the worst they'll say is no, or just take a little off, but every little bit counts.

P.s. they can only take off charges made to the room, not charged to your card. Good luck!

PPS, don't chase comps. I've seen people spend a bunch and not get comped, and others luck out with comps for less. Just play within your budget and see comps as plus. Chasing comps can cost way more than the comps you earn, or you might not even get them, and be royally po-ed

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.