1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Spirit Air

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by CubsBrian, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shades

Shades Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My GF and I have booked Spirit twice once out of Reagan National and once out of BWI. The Reagan National the flight was delayed because of plane problems then canceled but we were put on United I think it was. We went from one stop to non stop because of switching carriers. The second trip went without any problems but my GF refuses to fly them anymore because she is too cramped and it makes her feel claustrophobic. After flying Southwest I would rather fly them than any other carrier anyways.

:cool:

2. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't think it was Spirit you flew out of Reagan National because they don't operate out of Reagan National and also Spirit's policy on canceled flights is they give you a stipend for a hotel and put you on there next flight because they don't have an agreement with the other airlines to put you on there's.

3. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6'3" , 300 lbs. Guess I won't be flying Spirit!

4. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not always true. We got cancelled out of LAS last year. We actually came back jetblue. I believe they were using orbitz to book our flights.

5. Shades

Shades Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may be right. I asked my GF and she said it was Frontier and not Spirit. I thought it was Spirit my bad!

:cool:

6. AbbyVegas

AbbyVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew Spirit once. Never again. Rattletrap aircraft, cramped seats (I'm 5'5"), just - terrible. SWA is a much better experience.

7. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flew Spirit from MSP to LAS for the 4th time last week with no problems. Our flight out was delayed by about 25 minutes, but the pilots "put the hammer down" and we were on time getting into McCarren. I have a small wheeled suitcase that qualifies as a personal item, so no baggage fees, checked in 24 hrs in advance and was assigned an aisle seat each way...my fare was $85 RT...leaving 3 pm and taking the redeye coming back(on time). Both flights were full. My only complaint, as always, with Spirit is the non-reclining seats and lack of leg room. Four RT flights to Vegas and have never paid more than $109 for a trip.....I guess I can be uncomfortable for 3 hours for those prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.