1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Online Check in Question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by WickedWife, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WickedWife

WickedWife Tourist

We are arriving at about 10pm on a Saturday night. I'm not sure how busy it will be so I thought we should do the online check in. If we arrive and there is a short line, are we able to go to the main desk and see about getting an upgrade? Or does the online check in lock you into the room you paid for?

2. jsadlak

jsadlak Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are Diamond or Platinum the line won't be an issue as they have shorter lines for those. I have seen the line really backed up on the weekend, so if you're not Diamond or Platinum I would check in online. You will just be put the in the room you booked. You can always go downstairs later and ask for a different room if you don't like it. A small upgrade like a better view isn't worth getting angry waiting in line for an hour to me, but I don't spend much time in my room.

3. WickedWife

WickedWife Tourist

Thanks, that's kinda what I figured. I am happy with the room level we booked (Go Luxury King Strip View) so as long as we get that I'm good. No special status for us, this is our first time to Vegas!!

4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's your other option...and 1 that I would go with:

When you arrive at the Flamingo go to the Total Rewards booth (in the same vicinity as the check in line). Sign yourself up (and traveling companion) up for a Total Rewards players card. (You get some small discounts at restaurants in hotels owned by the Ceasars copr - aka Total Rewards partner. You also get some points when dining, shopping or gaming).

HOWEVER, Total Rewards members also get to use a shorter check-in line at the Flamingo! Unlike other CET (Cesar Entertainment) hotels this shorter line pertains to ALL TOTAL REWARDS CARD MEMBERS - you don't have to have a high status.

5. WickedWife

WickedWife Tourist

We have signed up online for the TR card (which why we got such a wicked deal on our room, I think). I have the temporary paper print outs for both my husband and I. Do we still need to go to the TR desk first?

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would...there is rarely a line at the booth...even if there is it will be way quicker to get the actual card then it is to stand in the long line.

7. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might want to call and check on the hours of the booth. Its been a few years since I was there but I know they closed around 10pm at the TR booth.

8. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does your temp paper print out have a TR number on it? In other words, can you log into the TR website saying you "signed in"?

9. WickedWife

WickedWife Tourist

Yes, Ihave full access to my TR account with my number and everything.

10. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's good. The reason why i'm asking about your TR # is because Social Rewards and what Caesars gives you online is what i'm doing and many other people are doing earning rewards credits at home. I don't know what tier you're at, but at Gold my resort fee is $150. I go in a few weeks to Bally's, my resort fee is already paid for. Social Rewards/Caesars have paid off my bill.
    Using Social Rewards, which is similar to MyVegas, is a nice thing to put on your card.
    Also, since you're staying at Flamingo (i'll be there in November), ask for a Margaritaville card. It may be too late in the evening to get one, so be sure to hit the Margaritaville TR booth, or if they're closed go to the main TR desk and ask for one early in the morning.
    The Caesars has new cards now, but they're boring, try and ask for the Margaritaville card, it's does the same thing but they're pretty to look at.

11. WickedWife

WickedWife Tourist

Awesome tips, thank you. I'll check to see if the booth is open when we arrive and make a stop there first to get a real card and a Margaritaville one if we can :) I like pretty things, lol.
    I've been doing the Social rewards and I have $30 on my account and my hubby has $10 (hes a slacker, lol). Hopefully we can get our tier level up (we are both the lowest level) and get some comps :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.