1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Social House at Crystals closed?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by 44inarow, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the reincarnation of Social House at Crystals no more? I was there in December, but in looking around today, I see that Yelp lists it as closed, and it's disappeared off of the Crystals and Hakkasan Group websites. Kind of disappointing if so... their food wasn't spectacular (I liked the original at TI better, which also had really nice outdoor seating and a view of the Strip as compared to the interior of Crystals), but their happy hour was pretty solid, and their ramen was great hangover food.

2. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't doubt it is gone for good. My only experience there was sitting down, waiting 10 minutes and leaving. The restaurant had maybe 2 tables and I typically give this grace period for any nice restaurant. I am not a snob, but if I don't get some kind of attention in an empty restaurant, I have my first clue as to why they are empty. 10 minutes and no water is a good indication of what I will be dealing with the rest of my meal.

3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it definitely wasn't the sort of place that could carry itself on its food. Back when it was at TI, it was not only at the height of their foray into being a nightclub destination (there was Tangerine, which was a cool quasi-burlesque type of place, which then gave way to that horrific Ed Hardy-themed club), but it was just such a great space. Fantastic interior design, rooftop view of the Strip, and decent food are a good combination, which I think is why Yellowtail does so well, but if you take that only-decent food and put it in the middle of a deserted mall like Crystals, it's just not going to do well. I also remember the service being kind of spotty even at the bar. But like I said, I'm going to miss that ramen being readily accessible from my room at Aria.

4. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.