1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo security deposit

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by supersimonIII, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supersimonIII

supersimonIII Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at the Flamingo in October, I'm hearing they charge $50 a night security deposit. Can you waive that fee if you don't plan on charging anything to your room

2. queenofvegas

queenofvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stay at the Flamingo every March and have never been charged a security deposit. I am thinking it is being confused with the $20 daily resort fee in which there is no getting out of unfortunately.

3. PerryP

PerryP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe they are doing a temporary charge on your card for the incidentals. If you're not charging anything to your room the deposit should be return at the end of your trip. I stayed at the Bellagio a few years back and they did a $200 deposit. But they never process the charge as I did not charge anything to my room or opened any of the fridge items.

4. supersimonIII

supersimonIII Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hearing this is something that just started this July

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is nothing disclosed about a 'fee' when you book a room - only the $20 resort fee. I expect it is a standard room hold which can vary by hotels from a minimal amount to hundreds per night. It is 'held' on your card but then drops off when the authorization expires.

6. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this Vdara "pre-authorized like $400 for my suite 2 weeks ago, I paid it off in cash at front desk morning of departure and asked if they'd refund that "deposit", it wasn't ever on my Visa, just a hold, no worries

7. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw this on TA's forums too where people mentioned that Flamingo was now charging the $50/nt as a security deposit. If I recall someone on the forum said they spoke to Flamingo (or e-mailed them) and they confirmed.

8. pac1971

pac1971 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I stayed at Luxor last fall they asked me at the desk if I was going to be charging anything to the room. They didn't put a hold on my card since I said no.

I guess Luxor has a 50 dollar a night security deposit too normally.

9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the deposit is so you can charge things to your room. This question comes up A LOT and weirdly enough its almost always about The Flamingo.

If you don't want to do the security deposit then you can just say so when checking in or as an alternative you can leave a cash deposit that you can get at the end of your stay when you check out.

Usually the only thing of note is: for internet access in the room, even when it is provided as part of a resort fee, you usually have to be able to charge to the room to be able to activate it so if you do that (decline to leave a deposit) you might not get in room internet if you need.

10. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have free rooms from total rewards website, will they still charge 20 daily resort fee? I am thinking of booking there for Halloween weekend.

11. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're Platinum or above, no resort fee. If Gold, then yes. I've seen Gold members get lucky and not get charged though.

12. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just stayed at the Flamingo this week. I'm diamond so I don't get charged the resort fee, however I do buy the internet every day. You have the option to enter a credit card number, so nothing is charged to your hotel room. I used RC's to pay for the first 4 nights of internet (I need it for my work) and had my bill cleared with RC's on the evening of my last night. Then I purchased the 5th night's internet using my cc so I didn't have to mess with checking out on my last morning. Worked like a charm.
    diane

13. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at Flamingo for the last 2 years. Had a Go lux room with strip view both times. Declined the option of being able to charge to the room. I always pay cash. Never had to pay a deposit other than holding my room when I made the reservation. It was like 63 dollars for 6 nights which was taken off from my bill.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.