• Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bacchanal Buffet


Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubs

Living the Dream
Joined
May 8, 2011
Messages
574
Location
Illinois
Trips to Las Vegas
20
So Caesars just announced their new buffet today and it is not the rumored Eats as we thought it might be. They even released a trailer for it. Looking good so far.

[YOUTUBE]KYquaQ56DTM[/YOUTUBE]

The buffet cost them $17 million to build and it is over 25,000 square feet. Any opinions on it?
 
The desserts look sweet (no pun intended). I would anticipate prices in line with Wynn.
 
I'm sure it will be good when it opens. Hopefully the quality remains high and they don't start cutting corners.

Now I want some lamb....
 
The Bacchanal Buffet will be open daily, 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and the prices of this ginormous (that’s the technical term) feast might surprise you. Breakfast is just $19.99, lunch is $24.99 and dinner is $39.99.

In case you wondered, the Bacchanal Buffet is included in the popular Buffet of Buffets (all-access to multiple Sin City buffets for 24 hours at hotels in the Caesars Entertainment family), with addition a relatively painless $10 surcharge. The Buffet of Buffet price is $44.99

Lovers of interior design will swoon over the fact the buffet will have: 10 different chair designs using 17 different fabrics, as well as 3,607 glass jars filled with food products and 16,027 bowls, plates and glasses adorning the walls.
 

  • Back Again
I just read something about this. Will it be in the same location where the old buffet was?
If so is it being enlarged? That place seemed rather small compared to others in town.
 
It was going up where the old buffet was but I think that there is a lot of open space around the old buffet that can be absorbed. I am glad that that they chose this name over eat. It's theme worthy and rightly sums up what extragavagant buffet experience should be.
 
It's nice that they've risen up to challenge Wynn and Bellagio. That's a big step up from being the second-worst buffet in their line, after IP. Personally, I never minded the old place, but it definitely had an improvised feel and limited selection for being located inside such a huge resort.
 
It's nice that they've risen up to challenge Wynn and Bellagio. That's a big step up from being the second-worst buffet in their line, after IP. Personally, I never minded the old place, but it definitely had an improvised feel and limited selection for being located inside such a huge resort.

I agree! For the reputation and prices of CP, they needed a top tier buffet. Too bad it won't be open for my trip starting tomorrow. Oh well, be back in January, and they'll have the kinks worked out by then :)
 
Caesars new buffet

I just read a small blurb elsewhere about Caesars new buffet which is scheduled to open Sep 10 and it is suppose to be the largest on the strip. Has anyone read anything about it and what is the low down? I arrive on Sep 12 and am always looking to try something new.
 
Yeah it's going to have over 300 items for dinner. Unique items. 39.99 for dinner will be included with the all day pass. Good article at vegaschatter dot com.
will be an extra $10 with day pass according to the harrahs blog
 
Looks like it would be great. But I'd definitely rethink the name...Bacchanal....never a good idea to have the word anal anywhere in a restaurant name.
 
Looks like it would be great. But I'd definitely rethink the name...Bacchanal....never a good idea to have the word anal anywhere in a restaurant name.

It's a throw-back to an old fancy place that used to be in CP...the bacchanal room. My boss loves talking about how he went there, got drunk as a skunk and belly danced on the table while some famous people looked on. I think I've heard that story about 50 times. He's also now "in the program".
 
It's a throw-back to an old fancy place that used to be in CP...the bacchanal room. My boss loves talking about how he went there, got drunk as a skunk and belly danced on the table while some famous people looked on. I think I've heard that story about 50 times. He's also now "in the program".

I used to love the old bacchanal room! True, it was a little over the top & campy, but that was part of the fun of eating there - and the food was actually pretty decent, too.
 
I used to love the old bacchanal room! True, it was a little over the top & campy, but that was part of the fun of eating there - and the food was actually pretty decent, too.

Loved those neck massages too.
 
at 25,000 square feet, they certainly seem to have alleviated the problem of the old buffet being too small
 
http://www.caesarspalace.com/casino...nts-dining/bacchanal-buffet-detail.html?ed_ri

About Bacchanal Buffet - COMING SOON


In an earlier era, Bacchanal at Caesars Palace represented the decadence of a Roman feast set within a fine dining atmosphere; before closing in 2000, the restaurant became famous for bringing Caesars Palace-style entertainment to the gourmet experience. Next month, Bacchanal will make its return to Caesars Palace Bacchanal Buffet: a 21st century adaptation which will serve up an over-the-top feast created by a team of master chefs, offering the most variety on the Las Vegas Strip. Bacchanal Buffet will feature more than 500 items from classic favorites such as made-to-order omelets, the freshest seafood and roasted meats like prime rib to cutting edge, regional comfort food like breakfast pizzas, red velvet pancakes, wood fired Neapolitan pizzas and Chinese dim sum, even roasted South Carolina shrimp and grits.


9 Show Kitchens under one roof





Mexican

-

featuring freshly made enchiladas, tortillas and sopapillas



Italian

-

Pastas, baked lasagna, antipasto display



Chinese

-

Made-to-order assorted soups, wok-fried dishes and dim sum



Japanese

-

Fresh sushi, sashimi, cooked fish



American

-

BBQ house-smoked meats from a wood-burning smoker and wood-burning grill; numerous carving stations including prime rib, brisket, rotisserie chicken and more



Seafood

-

Fresh East and West Coast oysters, king crab, snow crab, stone crab, mussels and prawns



Pizza

-

Varieties of pizzas served fresh from a wood-burning oven



Deli

-

Soups, cheeses, 7 charcuterie selections including house specialties and individual, prepared and make-your-own salads



Dessert

-

Chocolate, vanilla and pistachio soufflés baked to order, selection of gelato, sorbets and crème brûlée



Each will have an action station, plated dishes and “minis”

Majority of cooking will be executed in front of guests by interactive chefs








share this restaurant
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top