1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Eating Challenges

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Vagabond, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vagabond

Vagabond Guest

So one of the things I'm planning to do for sure while I'm in Vegas for a 24 hour period is a couple eating challenges. Have any of you tried them? What challenges are out there? Does the NASCAR restaurant at the Sahara still make the 6 pound burrito in exchange for a free meal and ride tickets if you complete it in time?

If there's one thing I'm known for is my stomach. I've been kicked from a pizza buffet place for eating 8 medium pizzas by myself. So with what I've heard about Vegas eating challenges I'm certainly tempted. Of course I've also heard there's some kind of pizza challenge too in Vegas but haven't heard much about it.

By the end of it all I might :vomit: but it's worth it.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No on the Sahara. The hotel has been closed for awhile.

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Guest

Ah I just remember something from Man vs. Food about the 6 pound burrito the NASCAR place had but was'nt sure if it was still being done. The hotel closing answers that.

4. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could probably hit Mermaids and see how many deep fried Twinkies you can scarf down before you :vomit:

5. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't mind trying an eating challenge one time just for the hell of it, but I don't think I'd go for a couple within a 24 hour time period.

6. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Pub at Monte Carlo has a 8 lb hamburger challenge. I beleive they give you 45 minutes to drink a beer(22oz maybe?) and eat the 8 lb burger. If you do it you get a t shirt and don't have to pay for the $50 meal

8. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although the Sahara is closed, I was walking by a few weeks ago on the way to The STRAT and there was someone near the front who challenged me to eat a 6 pound burrito.

I kept walking but my friend Tom took him up on the offer. I haven't seen Tom since.

Good luck.

9. Vagabond

Vagabond Guest

Thanks Eddie, now I have a list to go for.

10. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to challenge your stomach, but not necessarily by volume, try a large order of the addictive Suicide Fries at Naked City Pizza. The "burn" lasts quite a while....

11. vinyldoctor

vinyldoctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and a free colostomy should come with it too.

12. Vagabond

Vagabond Guest

Thanks mescalita but I can't eat anything spicy. I also found that FcFaddens also has a burger challenge. Looking at the photo the meal is the size of the table.

13. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although you don't get anything for it, if you finish the quadruple bypass burger at heart attack grill, they wheel you out of the restaurant in a wheel chair.

14. Vagabond

Vagabond Guest

Thanks for that, I've been wheeled out of a restaurant once before, but it wasn't for a food challenge. Also I just came up with a nice idea, if any other VMB members will be in Vegas on the 26th, maybe as a group we could go to one of the places and do the challenge separately but as a group.

15. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could always try the Dragon Roll at Rice and Co in Luxor, not a lot of food but as a heat freak I will attest it is one of the hottest things I have ever eaten and I have completed the Phall Curry at Brick Lane in NYC and The Horsemens Burger in San Antonio among others.

16. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brand Steakhouse at Monte Carlo has 120 ounce porterhouse that you can get for free if you eat it in under an hour. If you can't finish it, it's $250.

17. Vagabond

Vagabond Guest

I've eaten the 72oz steak in TX, twice now. But both times I barely finished in time. There's more than just the steak they give you, but you definitely gotta excercise your gut before doing a challenge like that. More meat/starches=more time to digest.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.