1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Time for something new?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by carrie_dave_and_cody, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carrie_dave_and_cody

carrie_dave_and_cody Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last three years we have been to Vegas in July. Three years ago we stayed at the Flamingo and loved it, the weather was the best of the trips. Two years ago we stayed at Aria, the room was great, but I don't think I liked the location. It probably didn't help that I got the worst blisters I think I have ever had while in Vegas. It rained several times that trip. Last year we weren't planning on going anywhere for vacation, but I got my first offer from a hotel in Vegas so we ended up staying at NYNY. Our flight was late arriving, by the time we picked up the car and checked in we got a thunder storm/flash flood advisory on our phones. Most days the weather sucked, we live in Oregon and it was warmer at home than it was in Vegas. We enjoyed staying at NYNY and would stay there again.

Last years trip was fun, but between the weather, flight delay, and going to the Valley of Fire for a day it just felt like we had no time.

So now we are trying to plan our vacation for this year. I only get 2 weeks vacation so I need to make them count. We always take the week after July 4th for DH and my birthday (DH July 9, me July 8). I don't think we want to go back to Vegas in July, the last two years the weather hasn't been good. I don't know what to do. We are thinking about a weekend trip in September, but after last year we might just take a year off.

I don't know what to do I love Vegas, but don't know if we want to spend that kind of money to not have a great trip.

2. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally you can count on very warm weather in July and August. The problem with those months is they are the monsoon season. This produces usually high temps, but also lots of thunderstorms which can result in flash flooding. September is usually better. Temps are a bit lower and you still might see t-storms here and there, but far less. I think you would find Sept more consistant.

Good Luck!
    Ric at Joes

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    September and October are great times to go IMHO. Especially if you are a football fan.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Much of that is beyond your control/can happen anywhere -- flight delays and weather snafus. If something like a day at VoF takes you too long away from other Vegas stuff, then don't schedule it. As Ric said, summer in Vegas is usually pretty dependable, but there is that monsoon thing. Typically they are short lived.

As a greater Portlander you know that you never advise anyone to visit until after Rose Parade, because you just know it is going to rain. I tend to move that proviso into July. Think the same way with the desert ... or the beach ... or the mountains. Avoid times when there is the possibility of greater disruptions. I go to the PNW like clockwork in September because Indian summer is about as much of a guarantee of perfect conditions as you can find. Maybe do something else for your birthdays week in July and schedule a shorter-hop to Vegas in late late summer or early fall.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And don't be scared off by "monsoon" season. That's the wet time for vegas and there is a risk of floods, but it is still a very infrequent occurrence. The Vegas valley only get a few inches of rain total each year

I Need Spa
  6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a good idea for an alternative, sometimes it makes sense to take a year off. Taking a break helps you focus on what your really like and miss so when you come back, you do it with a vengeance. My experiences coming in the fall have been positive. You can come reliably into mid October for pool weather. For that time of year, I just don't want it to be cold so that stretches the window even further out.

7. MsNVegas

MsNVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Another cancer here 4th of July, We've had perfect weather, many july's, Good Luck must've been on our side! as our anniversary is less than a week after my BDay. No matter what you decide, I'm sure it will be memorable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.