1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ticket Companies

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by natalyn, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natalyn

natalyn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have several shows that I need to purchase tickets for. Would you recommend me purchasing tickets from the hotel's website? Or Ticketmaster? Or one of the other ticket websites that show when you "google"?

If there is another ticket website that you would recommend, I would appreciate the name.

Thanks.

2. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That all depends upon what you're trying to accomplish.

If you want exact seats, it's typically best to purchase directly from the hotel or via Ticketmaster (these are often times the same thing).

If you don't care where you sit, there are many third party sites that sell tickets in category form (general vs VIP), but won't tell you your exact seat until you complete the purchase or pick up the tickets. However, the trade off is that there are usually deals to be had when purchasing via this method.

Which shows are you wanting to see and where would you like to sit?

3. natalyn

natalyn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to see a Cirque Du Soleil show, but I haven't decided which one yet.

A friend recommended Fantasy at the Luxor.

This will be our first trip to Las Vegas and we are trying to do/see as much as possible and get the most bang for our buck.

Thanks.

4. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Start off with going to the home Forums page on this board. Scroll down on the left and see if there's any links for show tickets you want to see. Those are all direct hotel links, but I think it helps support this board. For Fantasy, it takes you to luxors website straight to Fantasy. If you browse around, you'll see special offers where Luxor has 2 shows for $75. I recommend seeing Carrot Top if you're also seeing Fantasy. Same theater, you're already there. CT starts at 8 while Fantasy is 10:30 or so. Fantasy was ok for me but CT is a must do!

New popular shows can sell out so best to book those ahead of time. There's also Tix 4Tonight booths all up and down the strip selling discounted same day tickets. Good if you're flexible and not set on seeing a particular show. But if you're dead set on seeing a specific show, I'd buy in advance.

5. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carrot Top & Fantasy for $75 is probably the best show deal in Vegas. I've done this before myself and had a great time.

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the past, there have been SUmmer of Cirque promos for tickets (direct through hotel) If that happens again, Sonya (our caring board owner!) usually posts a sticky thread in this forum, up top. I haven't seen any yet.

I have used Goldstar and tix4tonight (not recently) for show tickets, but I am totally not picky about my seats.

7. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're more interested in finding deals, then goldstar and tix4tonight are good, as people have mentioned. One thing about shows in Vegas: you can see almost anything and never pay "rack rate" for a ticket. Whether it's the hotel itself offering a special (like the Carrot Top/Fantasy combo mentioned above), or Groupon (there was an offer for 50% off LOVE tix a while back), you can find some deals than range from "That brought it down to what a normal ticket would cost" to "I can't believe I got to see that for only $X!"

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there is or was a cirq speacial going for everything but O again,

except for O you can get deals on everything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.