1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tapas/appetizer restaurant recommendations

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by funforus, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funforus

funforus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I do not like to eat full blown meals or more than 1 buffet while in Vegas. We do like to sit with a drink and try/share a few tapas/appetizers. As the wife would say something different, unique, or "fancier" than your typical bar food. Do you have any favorite places that you would recommend. We are staying at the MGM in January so places close to there would be great but I am sure we will venture out to other locations on the strip and downtown. Thanks in advance:beer:

2. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Firefly on Paradise is the best in Vegas... hands-down! Not much of a trip from the MGM at all...

4. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not really tapas, but i really like the Wolfgang Puck restaurant in MGM. Appetizers are pretty good. Fried calamari is decent and actually pretty light. They have a simple antipasto plate with salami, prosciutto, and different italian hams and cheese.
    Also, they have wood oven pizza's that are light and you guys can easily split. I really enjoy the meatball pizza. It has a light sauce and lots of fresh basil.

5. funforus

funforus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, great suggestions so far. Does not have to be tapas just a great choice of appetizers....Gpenguins we do love the cheese and meat trays so will be going to Wolfgangs to try that. We did eat at Firefly downtown on our last visit...really enjoyed.:licklips:

6. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fleur has a great Tapas menu IME and Julian Serrano is outstanding from our one experience which merely a charcuterie tray but Jaleo at Cosmopolitan gets my vote for best of all.

7. alexanbo

alexanbo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jaleo gets my vote also, they have some innovative molecular stuff along with some more traditional dishes.

8. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't recommend it because we haven't tried it yet, but Public House at Venetian is on my agenda for our February trip - mainly for the beer options and because we'll be working at Sands so it'll be convenient, but they also have nice looking cheese & meat plates on their menu and a couple other yummy sounding appetizers.

In the past, Mon Ami Gabi has also had a charcuterie tray but I haven't been there recently:peace: I'm a BIG fan of meat & cheese plates:licklips:

9. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone mentioned it. Firefly on Paradise just north of Flamingo rd on the right in a shopping center. http://www.fireflylv.com/ Get there early, it can get pretty crowded and is a favorite the locals. They are Tapas and are quite good.

10. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boarder Grill at Mandalay Bay has an outstanding Tapas style Saturday and Sunday brunch.

11. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Twin Creeks at Silverton is a must for us every trip. Unbelievable quality at such great prices--happy hour in the lounge 8-10pm Wed-Sun. Sooo good!

12. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love this Border Grill brunch. Do it every trip! Also on Restaurant.com for a great discount.

13. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jaleo is incredible. I'm not a huge tapas fan but Jaleo won me over.

Also, I love the happy hour small plates at American Fish. If you go be sure to order a classic cocktail!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.