1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TAG Las Vegas Lounge and Bar at The Quad

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by HelloStranger, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelloStranger

HelloStranger Tourist

I just got this email - And, I'm not too sure that I like the idea of, 'Serve yourself at pour-your-own-draft tables." Hmm. haha, what does everyone else think?

2. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received the same email. If anyone is in Vegas now I'd sure like to hear a review of this place @ The Quad. Somehow I think it's going to be a hit with most of the VMB clientele ...

3. LA2VegasTrekkers

LA2VegasTrekkers High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a few restaurants here in LA that have tables with taps in the middle. When you reserve the table, you can request what kind of beer you want in your tap, they turn it on at the bar and it keeps track of how much you pour and then you pay at the end. I wonder if that's what it is...

4. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they have those at Mina's 1842 as well..

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pour your own was very common when I was in bars in Ireland. One tap of Guinness and one tap of Bulmer's (we call it Magner's cider)

6. savage810

savage810 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll try and check it out next week. It sounds like its gambling-heavy, but I wonder if they will comp a gamer's beer....

7. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard they comp the VP player some pretty nice beer choices...hoping to check it out in 10 days...not sure they would comp the auto-taps tho

8. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll check it out either Sunday night or Monday, and I'll let you know what we think.

9. HelloStranger

HelloStranger Tourist

Ah, your own table... That makes more sense to me. I didn't know if it was like just tables of taps and you just walk up and get them. doy. Thanks everyone for the responses!

10. HelloStranger

HelloStranger Tourist

Cool. Look forward to hearing about your experience!

11. jasonargo

jasonargo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lady Friend & I walked through it last trip to check it out. The big screen BJ wasn't active. The beer tap tables didn't have any gaming on them.

I like the concept, and if I was staying at a CET property on the Strip I would probably give it some action to check out the different beers.

I didn't check out the VP paytables since we were mainly there to check out the Linq area, and I just assumed they would be the usual crappy CET versions.

Have fun & good luck!

-

12. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sitting at the TAG now. 6-5 bonus poker, comped a goose island Matilda and vanderghinste sour, dad had lagunitas Maximus and UT-hop rising. Great beer comps for quarter VP. Too bad I haven't hit anything. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  13. buttnugget

buttnugget Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went there this past weekend. Great beer choices, friendly bartenders, abhorrent pay tables (what did you expect). Absolutely fantastic! Will comp any beer under $9 for play.

14. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you guys explain a little bit more about what this is?

Is this like a video poker table where if you want to beer you just hit a button and it automatically fills up your cup?

15. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The self service taps are on hightop bar tables scattered around the main bar. There are three or four taps on each post in the center of the table. You put your credit card in and pour. whatever beers you want. They charge you by the ounce I believe. No video poker at those tables.

The bar itself has bartop VP of course and inside that wonderful cooler are awesome beers from around the globe. Comped while you play VP.

16. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like top try this but haven't got the VP comp'd drinks thing down yet. What is the propper etiquette to use to make this work?

In the past I have put $20 in, played a bit, got the bartenders attn, ordered a drink...and been charged for it:thumbsdown: So how do I properly play some VP while garnishing some of those drinks?

I'm more interested in trying numerous beers here than playing VP...how do I make my $20 last to try 2 drinks? (becasue if I can't get 2 drinks out of my VP play...I might as well buy the beers).

17. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What? Where did getting charged while playing happen to you? That shouldn't have happened. Put the $20 in immediately before you order, and they should get the idea. But if they quote you a price, hit the max bet button and say "I'm playing". Generally you'll get a slot comp receipt for book keeping purposes when you're comped and they won't quote any price.

And the key is to play very slowly. And I personally mix in 1-credit play when I play, particularly when no one is watching.

fenway, do they have 7/5 Triple Bonus Plus (97.67% max) there too? That's the only game at most CET bars that's better than 6/5 Bonus (96.87% max).

I'm thinking I could be in heaven at that place with all the beer choices...:drunk:

Won a Package in the PENN Play Millionaire Social Drawing!
  18. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could this by chance have been at Wynn? The other possibility is that he wasn't playing max bet (which is generally required for comped drinks), but I've never seen the bartender not say something about it when someone is playing less than max.

19. kittyglitter_mm

kittyglitter_mm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had a bartender put the bill in the glass in front of me on my first drink, then when he saw I was playing, or when I ordered my second, he changed to comp. They want to make sure you aren't just going to take the drink and cash out, but actually play a bit.

20. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They always put the receipt in the glass in front of you, or at least, they have at every VP bar I've ever played at (and put updated receipts in there as I kept playing/drinking). It's because the comp drinks still have to be rung up and accounted for, even if you're not "paying".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.