1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Summer High Prices?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Netta, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netta

Netta Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to see if anyone knows why the week of 7/20-7/26 is sooooo expensive? Been going to Vegas for 20 years either for work or pleasure :wink2: :drunk:!!!!

Was just asked to go for a friends 10 year wedding anniversary and would like to go, but airfare from Cleveland is around 5-6 hundred per person! Crazy! I used to remember when it was $100 round trip last minute! Used to be awesome!!!:thumbsup:

I understand good deals are gone, but for me, wife, and 115 degree heat seems expensive?

Comments, thoughts, or deals?

2. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    maybe superzoo west 2014:confused:?

3. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airfare has gotten higher everywhere the last year....the drought for the airlines is unfortunately over. SW has NS flights from your airport for $472.

Summer although hot, has become a much more popular time of year to go beacuse of the day club pool parties.

4. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been finding that overall airfare and room rates are much higher than previous years no matter what week you look at. Our April trip has been booked for months, there have been NO good sales for SW from our area. We always look at the room rate calendars to choose our week, we like to go during a slower week. I thought about changing hotels a few months ago but by then our room choices had already been sold out on that thur/fri...and that was picking the slowest week I could find back in Dec. We are looking at another trip in June...flight is close to $500 rt. and room rates are high most places then also. Looks like the hotels are going to have a whopper of a year this year.

5. jackincols

jackincols Guest

For sure. What used to cost my buddy and me $199 nonstop RT with SW about 5 years ago out of Columbus, Oh, now, he's lucky to get the same thing under $400.

Same with me now being down here in Roanoke. Flight prices are nuts. Much of it is because I fly out of a regional airport and have to connect.:grrr: This upcoming trip I booked US Air through Travelocity and paid $395. A bargain nowadays.

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got a trip booked that week also. We booked air back in January - it was normal price.

We looked at CET's rate calendar and that week is a bit more expensive than other weeks and the rate hasn't moved in months - I check daily.

We already have our hotel booked but would cancel and rebook is the price gets cheaper.

PLEASE NOTE: CET has 25% off during that time, but it isn't reflected in the rate calendar until you move onto the booking screen.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.