1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Staying at Aria. Possible free upgrade? and how much to tip?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by hselland81, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely!
    But OP is staying at Aria, not at Circus Circus. I thought $5 is reasonable, a little bit on the high end.

2. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hselland, let's see if we can back on track here. For an 8-night stay, it might be harder for the hotel to upgrade you than a single night or two. t night also be harder to get a choice room arriving so late. A $20 tip can help you upgrade but generally you will be bumped up to the same kind of room, just a better view.

You can take your own luggage up if you have it with you at the reception desk, but if you let them take it from you when you get out of the cab you can bet pretty much they will bring it up. I think I tipped $2 for that. For the maid, I left a tip on the bed of $5 after a two-night stay. Sometimes, I will just give it to the maid if they are close to my room when I leave.

I am gong to stay in a Sky Suites one-bedroom this week and they are sending a limo for me to the airport. I am trying to figure out how much to tip the chauffeur...$5 or $10?

[/I]

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $20 minimum if you're solo. $30-40 if you have a few people and lots of bags.

Yes that's more than you'd spend on a taxi. Taking free limos isn't cheaper, just more comfortable.

4. hselland81

hselland81 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok. But is it normal to tip the cleaning lady (in the room) each day? or on the last day? I think that $5 pr day is ok. Btw.. Is it possible to pay a little to get an extra fridge at Aria? That we can keep our drink and maybe some food in?

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have literally never tipped a housekeeper in my life.

Somehow my room always gets cleaned in a timely manner.

6. hselland81

hselland81 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just found out price for renting and extra fridge.. $35 pr day :eek:

7. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think tipping is always optional.. not against it but not going to push my beliefs on everyone else.. that said, I turn into Al Czervik when I go to Vegas since I'm sure my gambling karma will be impacted if I dont.

8. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very well put. I typically don't have my room made up every day, but leave a larger tip at the end. I'm a slot player, so each day I make it a point to put my pocket change in a cup, and round it up to $5-10 dollars.

9. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Atta boy! That's what Vegas is for...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.