1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

So, who got invited to a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight party? I did . .

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by DaiLun, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kickin

Kickin Flea

This is what I've been expecting to hear about. Something in that price range, or even north of it, but a full party with bar and food in a ballroom or other open space.

I'd like to know soon because I have a room booked and if we can get tickets to something fun like that my brother and I will go. Flight tickets out of NYC are already around 1000 coach (with nothing available in business/first) for that weekend and the good time slots look close to selling out. Seriously they are making this fucking difficult as shit. And if they do announce "VIP" parties like that are they only going to be available to "VIP" invites, even for purchase? If that is the case do these things ever get resold through ticket brokers, scalpers, etc?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I just got the low down.

No there's no VIP CC viewings at MGM.

There's 2 parties, one at David Copperfield with one big screen on the stage. The VIP seats will be the booths in the front with food and drink service.

The other party is at the old Pearl restaurant space. They're setting up TVs and you sit at the tables.

There's nowhere with couches or anything like the SB parties unfortunately.

3. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps the ball room will be for media. I am sure there will be more media there and they won't all get credentials to attend the fight.

4. Alba

Alba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheeers for the lowdown

5. given2gamble

given2gamble Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's really poor form on their part but why does that not surprise me?

6. given2gamble

given2gamble Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I was you, I'd just book the trip. You will figure something out. It's Vegas; for the right amount of money you can make anything happen. I'm confident I will find a cool place to watch the fight w/ my friends. If we figure something out, I will PM you. Please do the same.

7. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Thanks. That is a confidence inspiring post. Lack of confidence is my main issue. I just don't want to end up making a trip out there solely to experience the big fight weekend and then have nothing fun to do during the actual fight.

I know I can't be the only one hesitant to firm up plans for a trip without any firm confirmation on tickets for anything.

But I think you're right, better to just book and believe for the right price things will happen.

8. luvzmuzik

luvzmuzik Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received an invitation to attend a live closed circuit viewing at The Mirage but the invitation had no mention of a party or booze/food. I would assume those things would be available since it's a VIP invite but I will never know since I won't be taking advantage of the offer, unfortunately. The weird thing is that I haven't stayed at the Mirage in over 10 years so I was really surprised to get this invite. It was a direct email from a host as opposed to a piece of marketing mail.

9. given2gamble

given2gamble Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume it included a hotel stay? Very odd if you haven't been there in 10 years.

10. luvzmuzik

luvzmuzik Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a flyer created by the host and didn't mention a hotel stay but I assumed that a complimentary hotel stay was expected and required.

11. given2gamble

given2gamble Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yah makes sense. I just find it so odd that all these hotels are "sold out" at ridiculous rates yet they sending offers to customers 2 weeks before the fight expecting them to find flights and drop everything cause they were invited to watch the fight on a TV screen.

12. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's how it always works.

They start at the top tier with invites and as it gets closer they drop the criteria and send out lower tier invites.

I used to always get invites to events and things a week before the event because they still had space.

13. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plus with the demand for this fight, they are going down the lists to offer VIP CC tickets. The hosts are probably getting flooded with their clients asking for tix to something. There probably will be little left for non mlife players. I'm assuming once the comped tix are handed out they will offer Milfe members the option to buy first.

14. given2gamble

given2gamble Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never been my experience but i've also never had a relationship with CZR/MGM so i'm never getting big event invites outsides of NYE or SuperBowl parties.

15. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are not the only 1. I have plane tickets and hotel and car but not a sniff of an invite! I'm willing to drive to Henderson or Summerlin for the fight. I gotta believe that the greed f the promoters with all of the last min moves will backfire! I have my doubts that A middle level player is not gonna spend 1k for a flight that was 309 two weeks ago just to get a free ticket to a viewing party. Not the fight...just a viewing party!

I saw a party advertised earlier today at $250 per including food and drink ( non mgm). It states that the party won't happen if the boxing match is not sold out! Hmmm fork up 1,000 for 4 folks in the hopes that this event will happen? I don't think so. I'll just enjoy vegas the way I always do! Playing craps, poker and Paigow.

16. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're really worried about the fight not being sold out?????

17. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be more worried that the fight won't actually happen due to some last minute made-up BS between the two camps

18. Alba

Alba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mate I am in the same boat, problem I've got us I'm coming from Scotland and flights are paid for already ,give me a pm too if you find anything

19. Alba

Alba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So are these invites that people getting transferrable ? i know why certain people are getting them (before you jump in) but if there not planning on attending that one, can they pass it over to other people to use?

20. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's my invitation from the Aria to a CCTV viewing. It doesn't say anything about the venue, but I assume it's at the Zarkana theater, as described above.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.