1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quad without room safe?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by rezod21, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezod21

rezod21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed here a few times (an back in May) but curious why they don't have safes in the room? I like to brig my laptop but no way will I leave it in the room without a safe so it's staying at home. Also I never like walking around with my full gambling roll so curious what others do when they have a room without a safe?

2. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have 2 laptops and are bringing the cheapest one. We keep dnd on our door for our stay and i will put my luggage locks on. Not like they would do much, but would still be a deterrent. Most theifs can't be bothered and will go on to the next.

As for the bold, you can always keep it in the safe at the front desk.

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has always seemed like the least favorable option to me - unless there is an inventory of what you put in and took out. I just feel like it would be easier for it to go missing from the front desk safe.

4. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cash and credit cards go in my money belt.Tablet goes in my luggage, with locks.

5. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would imagine there is a record, signed by both parties upon drop off and when taking out.

6. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I leave stuff in my room every trip and we stay at the Quad. I just don't leave it out in the open. I bury it in my luggage and my luggage is hidden as well. I've never had anything taken, money or posessions. One time I even left money (a few 20's) out in the open and those were left. Came to the point that I left a note whenever it was a tip to make sure they took the money! Maybe I'm just too trusting, but I think as long as you don't invite them to take it, they aren't going to work too hard to do so.

7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if they had safes at the Quad, most likely it wouldn't be large enough to hold a laptop. I don't recall seeing a safe in Vegas that really could.

8. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? Most safes at most hotels are specifically designed to do this. I can't think of one I've seen in LV in the last 10 years that could not.

9. rezod21

rezod21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The luggage locks is a great idea. I have the little small ones that come with luggage that are pretty much worthless, I will start looking for a real lock and key. That will put me at ease on my gamboling money. I have always left it in my luggage but just seams like that is such an obvious place. Like hiding my life savings under my mattress at home, that will be first place robbers look haha.

I will use the DND sign also, great idea. I could really care less about taking out the garbage when all I am doing is sleeping and showering in the room.

10. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I agree, every hotel safe I can remember has been laptop compatible.

Its weird that the Quad doesn't have safes, especially for a Vegas hotel that seems odd. If this is something you're used to seeing in your hotels you can buy a travel safe like the following: http://pacsafe.com/travelsafe-20l-portable-safe

I bought that one or the smaller one years ago when I first started going overseas a lot but I never ended up using it because it was unnecessary. But it is well built and if you loop it around something sturdy in your room it would be hard for someone to open it, especially a random thief who probably wouldn't have the right tools on him. It hardly takes any space in your luggage as well.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.