1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Parm (from the Carbone folks) coming to Aria

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by 44inarow, Apr 19, 2024.

1. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been talking for literally years about Parm, the sandwich place from Major Food Group, the guys behind Carbone. Back in 2015: https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/any-aria-updates.125275/#post-1218364

I've specifically saying that I wished it would come to Aria. For example, from 2021: https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/basic-italian.183708/page-2#post-2220670

Well, sometimes you get what you want, because Parm is opening "soon" inside the Proper Eats food hall at Aria (13 May, according to Eater, but the signs at Aria aren't quite that specific), specifically in the space that used to be Shalom Y'all.

https://vegas.eater.com/2024/4/18/24134333/carbone-new-parm-food-hall-open-las-vegas-strip

I've got 13 May marked down on my calendar! My only two minor disappointments are that first, I wish they had gotten rid of Pizzaoki rather than Shalom Y'all, and second, that stall is a little awkward because it isn't directly connected to the back-of-house kitchens. But no matter what, I am EXCITED.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
  2. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oooh. Nice. I used to travel to Vesey st for work a lot by never made it to Parm there. the folks there all loved it, though. Looking forward to finally giving it a try.

Vegas Baby!
  3. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this guy who might be there Memorial day weekend…

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be careful what you wish for….

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dude, this is EXACTLY what I've been wishing for! Ask @Craps_Player player how excited I was when I first found out about this.
    I used to go to the Upper West Side location pretty frequently. I haven't been since moving away from NYC, so who knows how it is these days (or how it'll translate to Proper Eats), but I'm looking forward to it.

6. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sounded great until I looked up the menu... how do you call yourself "Parm" and NOT have Veal Parm on the menu!!??

Vegas Trip #57 Stones!
    Vegas Trip #58
  7. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just don’t want you to be disappointed….

Sorry didn’t see the alert…

8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have veal parm at Carbone. Parm the restaurant was specifically introduced for chicken parm.

9. petevegas

petevegas Stick with me baby, I'm the fella you came in with

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to the Vesey St location. i was underwhelmed. it could have been an off night . I was pumped because they have a version of the spicy rigatoni which I love at Carbone. it was not spicy at all and was reminiscent of macaroni with butter , like I had often as a child. the other dishes were good . So again, i am hoping it was an off night. -

everyone else I know , who has been, raves about Parm. I imagine it will do well at Aria

10. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, I had it at Carbone - one of the best... I saw that this place, Parm, has locations in NY - there are tons of local places in NY 100% better for Italian food, and I say that without ever tasting Parm... can't believe that some chain food places thrive in NY, seeing Dominoes and Subways when I visit makes me want to cry... NY is the pizza and sub capital of the world!

Vegas Trip #57 Stones!
    Vegas Trip #58
  11. OlyPhotog

OlyPhotog Playing for my first Grand!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to it.

I love the Aria food hall, which is very underrated IMO.

Home sweet home
    Testing Noir status