1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Packing for a trip, which category do you fall into?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Geogran, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaliMike

CaliMike “My home away from home”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Just in Case is my motto. I don't even wear half the stuff I take. I know I sound like a chick (Don't Judge Me!). I have day clothes and night clothes. Dress up clothes and casual clothes. I also take 3 pairs of footwear. :D When I fly I have to take 2 bags because of weight restrictions for bags.

2. Stephiede1975

Stephiede1975 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is me right here!! I pack the clothes to walk the strip in all day then I change into something else at night. Two suitcases is a must!!

3. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a daypack that goes everywhere with me on any overnight and would hold all I would need for a couple nights in Vegas if I tossed out my bird watching binocs, camera, poncho, liquids......put in a pair of cargo type pants, nice shoes and a long sleeve tee or two, unders.....and off I go on the plane. I could probably stretch that to three days but might as well put the roller carry on.

In the daypack only scenario I wear my nice clothes on the plane which is kinda wrinkly by the time I get there but I can iron. Slacks, long sleeve button up and tie, sport coat.....and wearing my hiking boots :evillaugh:.

But......I am like Sonya .........I like the drive and I pack like I am going camping....the trunk is full ! I have coffee kettles and hiking gear all
    stuffed in to one of those giant plastic clamshell suitcases. That thing fits all that sort of thing, it's huge, plus Amy's extra clothes, then we add her regular carry on suitcase, and mine. Oh..and pillows. Plus the road cooler. In that case....I valet and tip the bellman well. I used to self park and haul.......now I valet and bell, and pack even more:confused2:

4. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pack light and take a carry-on for trips by myself. I bring a large suitcase with both casual and fashionable clothes when I go with people, and I check my bag.

5. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ever try knitting this? Just no knitting while driving please.

image.jpg

6. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something else I thought about...packing for differences in weather. The peninsula is pretty much shorts and t-shirts year round, but visiting my dirt-road-relations up in North Carolina in winter...whole different ball game. I hate having to pack winter apparel. Vegas for the most part, even in December, is more or less what we call 'chilly', not so much really cold.

'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
  7. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Standard, 3-night Vegas trip?
    1 pair jeans
    1 pair tennis shoes
    3 shirts + 3 undershirts
    3 each, briefs & socks + boxers for sleeping.
    Dopp kit (with all pills & bathroom stuff)
    Samsung pad, & chargers for the pad & my phone.
    1 carton of cigarettes (I only smoke in Vegas, but I'm not paying $10/pack!).
    Player's cards.
    1 13-gal. kitchen trash-bag for dirty laundry.

I always check my bag, even though it's small enough to qualify as a carry-on; but since I almost never pay a bag fee & usually fly non-stop, that's no big deal...so, I don't worry about 'travel size' toiletries.
    Hardest part is the shirts - I wear button-down shirts, so they have to be folded precisely, or they end up wrinkled as hell. If possible, I get the wife to do this! (She used to work in the 'Shirts & Ties' department at Foley's, so she's got this down!)

8. nimue

nimue Tourist

I am usually a "take everything you might possibly need!" kind of packer but I am determined this trip to Vegas will be carry-on only. 5 days/4 nights is gonna be a challenge!
    Of course, I'll be shoving a couple things (mostly sunscreen and small liquids that I'll use up but won't fit in the 1q bag) in a friend's bag so... honestly I'm just pushing my extras into his already-paid-for checked luggage :D

9. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is so true. We've had a few winter time Vegas trips where there was a foot of snow on the ground on the East Coast but 60 in Vegas. The arrival in Vegas wearing down jackets was...problematic.

10. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget the 2-day/1-pant rule. Not back to back days of course....

11. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When it is a flight the wife and I can do 3 nights with just our carry ons. This includes workout clothes and shoes plus day clothes and nice dinner clothes. When we are driving somewhere my wife thinks we need to bring everything that has a 1% chance of being used. I get to haul all of it out to the car and back in untouched for the entire trip.:bang:

Sons 21st birthday trip
  12. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pack light - it all has to fit in a carry-on or a keepall. If I have to have some other piece of clothes or shoes somewhere I will buy it. Often I will buy new outfits for the trip - that also helps me pack lightly and it's fun to wear something new on vacation.

One of my friends packs all her crappy socks and throws them away as they get used so she has room in her luggage for the any things she has accumulated on the trip or just to lighten her bag.

When we Were Young
  13. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's crocheted not knitted. :)

Just started thinking about gathering what I need for our trip on the 8th.

14. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm like the third type-throw everything in a plastic bag but I use a carry-on instead of the bag. I'm not neat though, I just throw it in.

15. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hard to pack light coming from Hawaii. My trips usually last between 5 to 8 days. The longer trips I usually will wash my clothes so I don't have to carry around as much clothes so lots of times I only have about 4 or 5 days worth of clothes.

Actually my suitcase going over is pretty much empty but going home I have to sweat the weight limit much of the time. Too much Trader joe snacks and las vegas jerkys cookies, lol.

I could never understand my dad, he usually took along one small bag that is the size of a small gym bag but that was all he needed. Then I realized that he only liked to wear those thin polo shirts and he would wash his undies so didn't need to bring a lot of clothes and he didn't shop or bring back anything so basically his small bag fit under his airline seat.

For me, nowadays too much stuff to mention. As with others I have a checklist to include all the things like tablets, power cords, shaving kit, medicines and needles, etc. I need the checklist to remember all the things I want to take along.

Funny, I'm going to the Big Island in 2 weeks for a convention (and recreation). 4 nights/5 days, I'm taking along about 10 or 11 shirts. I need them because I use one for the convention each day, another for nighttime activities and another for my golfing days (I plan to golf at least 3x this trip) in addition to my sleepwear. I also will be carrying 7 pairs of socks (3 athletic for golf, 4 for the convention). My 1 checked in bag is the golf bag so I will have to carry the rest in my rollaway carryon. I usually wear "cheapie" polo shirts for golf so I don't use the other "good" shirts for golf. If I buy stuff to bring back I have my other carry on to fill up but I may end up protecting the tops of my clubs with my dirty laundry.

16. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always stress and here I go again, hence searching for a packing thread. Not quite what I expected. Over pack - and over stress.

17. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pack neatly but alot. Never fails, if i take just enough of an item like shirts, i will spill something on one first day and mess up the whole scheme so i plan on those accidents and pack extra.

18. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a lot of luggage, from multiple Tumi pieces to lower-priced pieces, but I bought some yellow Samantha Brown luggage from HSN for my next Vegas trip, which is in August, and I've started to put things in the bag. :)

19. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm most definitely the one compressing the bag! :) Even though I have a travel bag kind of permanently ready to go, I'm ALWAYS ODing on stuff I might need. And, neatness is not one of my vices! :)

20. ebbinns

ebbinns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried that once and realized I just looked silly with all tops and no pants. Which half do you choose?

• Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.