1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Natedog TR Live? Wynn 6/21-6/28

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by natedog666, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol. do you think they were singing that in the limo on the ride over?

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just one of those chips would pay off every single debt I have.

3. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait to hear how your mtg goes with Hunter

4. SikDmax

SikDmax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh shiz, Hunter is going to freak out LOL

5. CoachSt

CoachSt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope Nate takes a selfie with Hunter ; )

6. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hunters a cool guy, real go getter, I think we can work together. Better to be a big fish in small pond is all I can say, at Wynn I'm just one of a dozen at any one time, PH or Cromwell doesn't see my kind of action

7. natedog666

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will post about craps and baccarat later, on way to DJK Korean BBQ

[​IMG]

Maverick the banker and his girl (of the week)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  8. charliepeete

charliepeete Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just got back from caesars for four nights............happy birthday...........i made a little on the dice tables at harrahs......gl

9. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy birthday. Many happy returns.

10. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nate, Happy Birthday and thanks for the TR. the pics are great. Hopefully ph brings you some gl

11. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy birthday,hope you have a great day!!:banana:

12. natedog666

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow thanks for all the good birthday wishes. 2500/ half hour for the magician for me was one of the best presents in a while:

Some of the tricks he did:

Made a card fly all around him, 360 degrees under legs through hoops etc....pretty cool looking
    Created a dollar bill out of my pocket with my birthday as serial number
    shuffled cards that spelled out my phone number...that one was impressive
    bent a quarter that was in my daughter's hand....don't know how he did that one
    touched me on the face in different areas and my wife would feel it with her eyes closed across the room
    bent and twisted a solid spoon, oldie but goodie
    guessed numbers you were thinking, another oldie but goodie
    various impressive card tricks

13. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That does sound awesome. Wonder how he did the touching trick?

Happy birthday and good luck! Enjoying your pictures.

14. natedog666

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some thoughts on Hunter:

1. This guy is very very new media savvy, he uses all sorts of new media marketing techniques like twitter to generate more leads for his book
    2. I will be a big coup for him, since he is only 33 and I didn't get the feeling he had players of my caliber in his book, but I think he will be successful with the number of leads he's generated so far. He is a go-getter though, ex military and I think focused on his career right now. Newlywed too in October, with no kids, so I think has more time than usual hosts with families.
    3. I get the feeling that he needs to have a better filter on his leads though, since that's another downside with using social media. Since he's only a one man team, he will need to decide if he wants 100 black chip players or 20 purple chip players for instance. He did mention that now he will not deal with single black chip players like other CET hosts since he's realized they are more hassle than they are worth.
    4. He mentioned an interesting fact, that CET floor hosts is first come first serve. So if they spot a player, whoever gets to him first gets him...thought it was a rotation thing but I guess it is dog eat dog world. So they need good relations with floor people and pit bosses, so that if they have a player off the street playing big with no card, then they can decide which host to call....very interesting.
    5. Basically, he said all the right things, and I invited him to play golf with me this week. I will give him a chance, especially since he mentioned he can book anywhere in the world...I always wanted to try Tahoe and New Orleans, also maybe South Africa safari....again, better to be a big fish in small pond is my new philosophy.

15. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still Natedog, there is no place like the Wynn. The atmosphere I'm sure is very different at PH? Yes I guess Caesars is ok but it isn't the Wynn. True? They would have to make you an awesome offer you can't refuse to stay there? And no golf course on property!

16. natedog666

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gambling for birthday

After golf and brunch, decided to try out the craps table again to see if I can get some of my money back. We ditched the cooler, since his luck was so bad he lost at golf too. We had me, K the cheap bachelor, and J the feature guy.
    K is from NY, works in Beijing. J is local.

One story from yesterday's crap session, that I don't feel too proud about, but needed a mention. We had a small heater going between me and K, and since I have 1/2 table reserved, i bumped the other side up to 100. In between shooters, this old guy, big frown on face walks up to the other side which was empty and puts 100 on don't pass. Now I don't mind people that play don't pass, but to just put the minimum 100 bucks seems like a personal challenge to us. he didn't do odds (point was 5), did not place a single other bet. When K threw the Michael Jordan, I pointed at the guy and yelled "in your face motherfucker! In your face, hahahaha while giving high fives to K and collecting my 7k." I very very rarely do this, but the guy just rubbed me the wrong way. Of course he left :)

Anyways, yesterday's session

I start off, bad
    K....bad
    J, who only bets 10 on the pass and plays 15 dollar on the feature, goes on this heater....4 passes, and hits 2 hard eights for 9k and 10,800. He hits all the numbers on the feature except for Midnight....crazy...I hate it when there's one left....
    me, bad again
    K....bad
    J, again goes on a heater.....3 passes and lots of numbers.
    In between people will come to the table and get wiped off on our rolls, and then when they leave it would be J's heater with an empty table...funny how that works.

Anyways, made like 53k....then decided to be snarky smart and show the guys UTH....what a disaster. They start staring at me like why do you play this game. I didn't win a single hand and proceed to dump 8k....in 10 minutes. At UTH....how the f do you do that? well, playing 500 on ante and blind, and losing all the play bets too.

So we then proceed to the meeting with Hunter at PH, where the wife and kids try out the zen zone or something....made us wait next to limo drop off for 30m, but hey, the girls will do that.

We get back to Wynn and wanted to do another craps session.....wow....can't....believe....how....bad....it ..... was. K was frustrated, said never saw so many point 7 outs in a roll....9 to be precise. First time ever I did single odds.....proceed to dump around 50k while lower bets by a lot and switching tables......go to blackjack....same thing.....dealer always draws to 21 when i have 20, my doubles never draws a face card. I split aces 3 times with a 2k bet, proceed to lose 6k when not one single face card shows up. I know it is a positive count, but it seems that the dealer is getting all the cards....sigh. I ditch the now depressed K and J, and go to baccarat (no more roulette tilt, learned my lesson)....down around 100k now for the session.....and the shoe starts off 5 bankers, 3 players, 6 bankers, 2 players, 5 bankers......then breaks.....boy, that 100k came back quickly. Thank you baccarat gods....

Rating so far:

Time 6:09 Theo 53,974 Loss 138,100
    Better than the 300k disaster go big or go home Beejay system.....starting to grind it back

Side note, here's my friend Maverick the banker (the cooler) 's theo, he plays mostly blackjack purples

time 7:53, theo 4402, loss 41,600. Holy crap, 10x his theo....not good. Also I think blackjack generates theo very very slowly. We took all his chips away, so he doesn't run out of money, he gets 5k a day from now on til the end of trip 5 days from now.

17. natedog666

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sad to say it, but I've stayed at Wynn total days probably over a year now, maybe even close to two. It is getting boring. The stuff that I saw a PH, and what he described at Cromwell, seems pretty exciting. He can get party pit girls to deal whatever game I wanted (except craps). He can get us into any club, strip club, hole in the wall speakeasy around town. Note that all my hosts in other properties are older with families and usually women....I think Hunter can bring back some excitement of vegas. We didn't even consider Caesar's as a destination, because it would just be a poor copy of Wynn. I want to try something with the vibe of Cosmo, but more gaming friendly. BTW, just walking through the place with all the half naked people from EDC sold me....he got approached like 3 times by 1/2 naked girls asking for directions....

Don't get me wrong, I will still come to the Wynn for the golf and other stuff, but I want to try new things. The Wynn dealers are well trained though, everybody calls me by name (there must be a sheet in the break room with a picture or something)....and the pit bosses are friendly because they get a share of the tips....

I will post a TR after a CET excursion with Hunter and see how it goes, hope he didn't pump up my expectations too high....

18. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyable TR as always. Keep the comeback going !!

TomTWI

19. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He can get party pit girls to give me whatever I wanted (except crabs)

Fixed that for you Nate:evillaugh

I'll get my coat haha..

20. natedog666

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah, auto registered for the 500k bac tournament this weekend at Wynn, told you somebody had a tournament some time some where

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.