1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyVegas Mobile App Only

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by SquarePeg, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SquarePeg

SquarePeg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone play the mobile app only? I hate Facebook and am currently playing myVegas on my iPhone. It's slow going but I'm making progress betting minimum credits (60) with the occasional 150 here and there.

Any tips to share for the mobile app without linking to Facebook?

2. sterlingcooper05

sterlingcooper05 Tourist

It will take too long to earn a decent reward on the iPhone only. (if that is your goal) Facebook provides free chip links, higher daily spin awards, and friends incentives. For the same amount of time, you would earn 10x the loyalty points on Facebook. I view the mobile app as a complement to Facebook for the purpose of earning rewards.

3. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wasting your time without Facebook.

4. SquarePeg

SquarePeg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crap! but, Thanks!

5. adambr2

adambr2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer the mobile app. No daily LP limits, and I like the bonus games better. If you're just playing for fun and enjoyment, the mobile app is great. If you're just trying to earn a couple BOGO buffet coupons, you can get by with just mobile. But if you're trying to earn substantial rewards, as the previous two mentioned, the Facebook game is by far the best way to do that.

6. Redbirdjen44

Redbirdjen44 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Vegas in early August. I've never chased comps but am interested in what kind of rewards can be earned through this???

7. lisaloveslv

lisaloveslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Free rooms, free food items and buffets, free show tickets. It's great!

8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make a MyVegas only fake email and facebook account. No real life family or friends or co-workers. MyVegas friends only as you help each other earn more. That's what I did. I quit facebook about 5 years ago because I effing hate it.

9. adambr2

adambr2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a good idea, but be careful about it. Facebook banned my account, saying I wasn't using a real name. In order to unlock my account I had to identify pictures of my Facebook friends. Since I didn't actually know any of them, I obviously couldn't do it. I ended up sending a copy of my ID with my real name to them and about 2 months later, they changed the Facebook profile name to my real name and unlocked the account, but it was a major hassle. If you're going to do this, use a name that could be real with a profile picture that could be real and you should be fine. Don't just make your name "Joe Myvegas".

10. Redbirdjen44

Redbirdjen44 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just read up on it from a guy who said he spent a couple hundred hours playing the game and earned 3 2for1 coupons, one $50 off coupon at a steak house and 6 free cans of beer. That seems like a lot of time wasted for not much swag.

11. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a decent time investment to get the strip built. But that doesn't take terribly long. After that you can probably spend a half hour a day and usually much less and get good rewards. Usually just do it multitasking while watching a ball game on the couch. Played exactly a year and I used free Monte Carlo room and Bellagio buffet in September (started in June). Two free nights at Aria in January. Two free nights at Monte Carlo in April. And will be using two free nights at aria this September and hopefully a free show if I earn enough points. Which I will, just maybe not enough for premium unless I catch a heater. Will you be able to earn all that by August? Certainly not. But you can get something decent.

12. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on what it's worth to you to get something free. For most of us, the hours we put in the game are no where near worth the rewards we're getting. If you play it in the background, while you're watching TV for example, it's not exactly time wasted. With a little dedication (and freedom of scheduling) you can score a couple of free hotel rooms or free meals.

Personally, after I get back from my upcoming Vegas trip, I plan on taking a break from the game....or at least not playing as much. I don't enjoy the game and the $100-200 of expected value i'll be getting for my upcoming trip isn't worth the hours i've put into the game. I'm not a coupon cutter either though, so it's all in your perspective.

In the end, it's absolutely free and you can earn real life rewards from it. It's pretty hard to complain about that.

13. adambr2

adambr2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know who that was who played for hundreds of hours and earned so little, but they weren't playing very efficiently.

I learned about the app last September and had a trip in February. During that time I played on my wife's account and my own (to get 6 rewards instead of 3). By February we earned 2 free show tickets (Jabowakeez), a total of 6 free buffets (2 at Excalibur, 2 at Luxor, 2 at Circus Circus), and a buy 1 get 1 4 day monorail pass. And I still had loyalty points left over. That's about a $250 retail value. Next time we're going for a weekend and going to comp both nights for the hotel, get free buffets again, and do the monorail again.

We usually earn a few hundred thousand LP every few months, and I've never spent a dime on the game buying chips. I don't play excessively. Some days I'll try to play a lot. Some days I won't play at all, just collect from properties and do my daily spin. Some days I just do my normal internet surfing and let it spin on 200 autospin in the background and go back and click on it when necessary. I definitely haven't spend a few hundred hours on it. It's all about playing efficiently.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.