1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage/Unity May and Beyond Offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ohgreatitsryan, Apr 30, 2024.

1. ohgreatitsryan

ohgreatitsryan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did anyone else lose all offers for Mirage?

I went from around this for February, March and April to no offers at all for May.
    They dropped down to $2,000 per week in April, and there’s no way I played so little for all offers to be removed.

IMG_0754.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Robertb1

Robertb1 bon vivant

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my offers for both June and July a couple weeks ago. They were identical to my April and May offers (my play has been fairly consistent, maybe slightly down.)

I would call your host and ask. (I’m assuming you have one with that level of offers. My host, initials SP, is very helpful and quick to reply.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Timothy

Timothy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve gotten June & July (as one combined offer) about 3 weeks ago. For me, it was exactly the same as the months before (last play was November during F1).

It’s about time I’m back!
    Leg 2 of 4 - show me the new Rio!
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine have dropped... even after most 2023 play was at Mirage and earned Icon level. For some reason, the love has dropped out and we are skipping there next trip - other than to see LOVE one last time.

5. killswamper23

killswamper23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i got the combined offer as well but my freeplay was cut in half.
    to be fair i popped in one day and ran about 5,000 through vp. they got me 4 nights comped and 200 free play. i used 3 of the nights in may and ran a similar amount through VP total over the course of the 3 days.

6. ohgreatitsryan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I talked to my host. I had too many days on property without play. I mistakenly ate there several times. I needed to be averaging 50k points per day. They pulled all my offers. I dropped to an average of 11k. You need a 15k daily average to qualify for a host. So, I guess I’m just done with unity.

Not a lot of benefit from the card, and if they’re triggering play days for locals like that, unlike other properties where you can use comps fine without taking a hit, I’m not going to bother.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  7. killswamper23

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not aware of any place where using comps doesn't qualify as a gaming day. With that said taking you from great offers to no offers makes absolutely no sense.

8. ohgreatitsryan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most properties, when you’re coded as local, allow you to use comps without triggering a gaming day.

If you use freeplay or gamble any amount it will trigger a play day, but if you’re just using already earned comps it doesn’t.

At least that’s what my hosts at Circa, Caesars, Wynn, Palazzo and MGM have told me.

They said I’m safe using free parking or using self comps on food, but if I’m going to gamble less than normal to not put my card in or use my partners.

9. killswamper23

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. I've heard that about parking but not food. Really strange they totally nuked you like that.

10. ohgreatitsryan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I was a little shocked. Especially to be told I don’t qualify for a host anymore.

I’ve been told by my other hosts I’m the ideal client. Outside of freeplay I rarely cost anything, and gamble more than the average bear.

It was already annoying that despite being X I had to be coded to VIP check in by my ex-host who was terrible.

I guess it’s not a real loss.

11. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After my low-play Mirage stay with my wife in December, I've had three midweek nights offered all year through May-June, but when July-August showed up, it was only two nights. For my upcoming June trip, I'm having a hard time deciding what to do about my play.

Mirage is my wife's favorite hotel (and mine, as well), but the change over to Hard Rock theming and the new tower construction will likely begin before our next trip together (June is solo and no plans yet for our next duo trip). I have no idea if we'll love or hate the new theming, but it certainly won't be the same place.

I also used to get 3-4 night offers consistently from most MGM properties over the years, but in December I made the mistake of letting my wife play a very small amount at Bellagio on my card one day, and that apparently ruined all MGM offers for us, as I haven't received anything close to my previous offers since then. Stupid mistake on my part, but also kind of a dumb system for a decade of decent offers and stays to be ruined by running a few bucks through a slot machine one day when I wasn't staying there or using comps of any type. I may have stayed at an MGM property next month for my solo trip if my normal offers had remained consistent, but they're literally offering me almost nothing at even their low-end places, so their one-day low-play trigger from December just cost them my stay, including resort spending and probably most of my bankroll if I decide to stick around Mirage now.

So for this trip, I'm not sure if I should concentrate play at Mirage or move it mostly to MGM properties to try to get those offers back up. I've always wanted to stay at Cosmo but typically visit Vegas on comp (or mostly comp) offers, so Cosmo was never really an option since I didn't start receiving real MGM offers until after Cosmo left MGM way back. Now that it's being reincorporated into MGM Rewards, though, concentrating most of my play this trip at MGM properties may be a smart move for future trips. I have no interest in staying at places like Excalibur or Luxor again, but any of the mid-tier or high-end MGM properties are still of interest to me. Decisions, decisions...

I've considered reaching out to an MGM host to explain the situation and see if there's anything they can offer for my upcoming trip based on past play not including the dumb day in December, but I simply don't believe my bankroll approaches the host level, regardless.

40th Bday and first ever solo Vegas trip!
  12. ohgreatitsryan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd go with an MGM property. It's never a bad idea to reach out to a host in advance. Worse thing they can say is that they'll evaluate your play at the end of your trip.

Unity isn't a great rewards program. I used to really like Mirage too. Unless you are just playing on their Multiplier days Unity sucks. Plus, machines at Mirage don't display your earning any more(because they are using some back end math to calculate earning), so tracking your own play is much more difficult.

13. Mommaof3babes

Mommaof3babes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm all of a sudden getting comped rooms there now. Weird.