1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM - 3rd Trip, lofty goals....

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Jet225, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Jet225

Jet225 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The boss lady and I are making a 7 day trip to Vegas 20-27May. We plan to do a spa day, foodie tour, and a few cabana days at he pool. Other than that we will hit the MGM circuit 90% of the time, with some incidental trips to some other properties.

We are new to the slot gambling scene, and plan to bring around $20k to gamble with this trip. We are currently sitting at 85k TC w/MGM. Is there any shot at making 200k by the end of this adventure? It would be nice to hit that level and have some decent offers for the fall trip. What would be a normal coin in if we burn through $20k? What type of offers would this see?

Thanks for any input.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OlyPhotog

OlyPhotog Playing for my first Grand!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With $20k bankroll, I'd be surprised if you did NOT hit 200k TC (with the accelerator bonus).

One last trip before bankroll drops
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. wagon b0y

wagon b0y High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me be the first to say it. Don't play for comps

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer Speed Running for Noir

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're smart with your play you'll easily hit that. Just track your play for accelerator bonus purposes.

Be aware that linked cards do NOT count for the accelerator. So if Card A earns 27k and Card B earns 13k, that doesn't count as 40k for the 60k bonus.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. huskermike

huskermike Dice Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As CVP said, use one person’s card and you should get very nice offers although it seems like it takes a couple of trips of bigger play for offers to ramp up if you have previous play. That being said, 200K with accelerators can be accomplished with 2x 40K days plus the 60K accelerator, which should be a theo of $10K loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    30k != 40k

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With that kind of bankroll, I would guess you are going to be able to generate 20 to 30k in coin in per day. You should get some decent offers from that. But keep in mind that the offers you will generate will not be worth anywhere near the 20k you are ready to lose. Just pay out of pocket and it will be a lot cheaper

Loooong layover on our way to Lake Tahoe
    Settling the FB debate once and for all
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. ColoVegPlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops, fixed. Was going to add something in about they would get both accelerator bonuses separately, but not the bigger combined one... And changed my numbers mid-thought.

9. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting too used to those AI code checkers? You're way to young to be mentally slipping already!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. OlyPhotog

OlyPhotog Playing for my first Grand!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    #wisewords #truth

But....not as fun and reduced chance of winning millions lol

One last trip before bankroll drops
    • Like Like x 1
  11. huskermike

huskermike Dice Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You’re a scientist not mathematician. It’s understandable lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh absolutely! Maybe I misunderstood. The OP is clearly a gambler, but I had the impression he was increasing his bankroll to chase comps. I mean, if you are ready to lose up to 20k anyway, then go for it. The comps will come and I wouldn't worry about it. But if you think you're going to make a big jump in upfront comps for your fall trip by significantly increasing your play now, I wouldn't count on it.

Assuming your theo is pretty close to your actual loss, that means you would end up generating about $1200 a day in comps for your fall trip. At most MGM resorts, that should get you a suite and a few hundred each day in F&B and FP (which is nothing to sneeze at!). But if you just paid out of pocket for the same suite, it would probably cost you no more than 5k for your future fall visit. And you aren't getting 15k in food and freeplay

Loooong layover on our way to Lake Tahoe
    Settling the FB debate once and for all
  13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd back of envelope it like this:

Based on your profile pic, you'll be playing a lot of penny slots with a hold of 12.5% or higher.

At 12.5% hold, $1 of coin in = 1 TC.

I'd expect you to be able to get $4 coin-in for every $1 of bankroll and that would consist of a 25% loss rate, which would be pretty unlucky. So I'm being a little conservative in the 4:1 ratio, you really should be able to do a little better than that.

But let's stick with 4:1. That means you should get $80k coin-in out of a $20k bankroll, so 80k TCs just straight up earned directly from your play. That would bring you to 165k TCs total.

If you were to spread the 80k coin-in evenly over 7 nights, that'd be $11,428 per night, and the same number of TCs.

You would get a 5,000 TC accelerator bonus each night you hit 10k TCs. That's another 35k TCs, which would bring you to 200,000.

If you played light on one day (anything between zero and less than $10k coin-in), but earned 20,000 TCs on another (instead of only 11,428) you'd lose one 5,000 accelerator bonus, but gain a 20,000 accelerator bonus on the heavy day. That'd put you at 215,000.

So I would see how it goes the first couple days, see what your loss rate is running, but keep that 20,000 $/TC day in the back of your mind. If you're in a position to execute it, it should give you a little cushion.

And I'd keep the per spin amount to $20 or less, that should make it easier to at least reach that 4:1 (or better) coin-in to bankroll ratio.

If you really want to go nuts and you don't need to play every day (or if you're running really well), you could go for a 40k $/TC day, that'd get you a 60,000 TC bonus and pretty much guarantee you'll hit 200,000.

14. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dragon Link/Cash machines are multi denom. Maybe he's going to try and do this:
    upload_2024-4-30_18-20-31.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Jet225

Jet225 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

This would work but doubtful we go from never played slots before Oct last year to $2500 a spin! Boss lady and I play together on one card so no worries with split play. Not chasing comps, just gambling and enjoying a trip. I do want to be semi educated on what is *normal* to make decent decisions on where and what to gamble on. I prefer playing blackjack or poker, but there isn't much couples enjoyment in that.

Dragon cash and MoMummy are our current favorites to play, but do love bull blitz just hard to find.

Thanks and I plan to post a trip summary after. Looks like we will have about $1600 in free play from all sources combined to go along with the cash budget.

16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need to adjust this a little, I calculated it wrong.

I usually recommend a per spin amount of 1% or less of average daily bankroll. Your $20k divided by 7 is $2,857.

So $25 spins would fit. :D

17. Nori Player

Nori Player Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have a dedicated host somewhere in the MGM universe? If not, you might try to introduce yourself to one (if they don't find you first) near the end of your trip and just let them know you had a good time and would love to come back again. Slightly awkward but it'd be worth it if they put you on their list of potentials. I've had a way better comp experience that way versus the stuff that just comes in via email and on the website.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jet225

Jet225 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was planning to try to back end comp thing, but I have never done that before either. Would be nice to not come out of pocket for the spa and cabana

19. ColoVegPlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be shocked if you didn't get backend comps if you play enough to get to Platinum this trip.

The only reason you may not would be if your room/offer at Vdara is super expensive

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many hours (per day) do you typically like playing? What are you comfortable spinning at? I’ve seen posts where people play an hour a day and wonder why they didn’t qualify for much…