1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How is the Punk Rock museum?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by mrem3200, May 1, 2024.

1. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was a thread about this but it is about a year old and was light on reviews. Looking to kill a few hours on our next trip and thought it would be a good choice. I am not a huge Punk Rock fan, but I heard some good things about it on one of the Vegas podcasts I listen to. Has anyone been to it and can give their thoughts?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ohgreatitsryan

ohgreatitsryan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve got a lifetime membership there. I’ve been more times than anyone outside of employees I’d guess.

It’s fantastic. The bar there is great and the tours have all been amazing. I even got a tattoo there during the opening. I was also, in case it wasn’t clear, very into the Punk scene before I became “an adult.”

If you are vaguely interested in Punk, it’s several thousand percent worth it.

If you aren’t, it will still be interesting to some degree.

Depending on the day and who’s available, I’d recommend a tour. The stories are incredible.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks oh. That's kind of what I thought I had heard. I would say I am in the vaguely interested in Punk crowd. Unfortunately there are no tours on the dates we will be there. We almost went on our last trip but pivoted at the last minute and did the Allegiant Stadium tour instead. Which was great.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Christina6001

Christina6001 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasn’t a huge fan only cuz it seemed more like going down memory lane with all the posters vs like an actual curated display museum. I wasn’t expecting that. It’s not a bad thing to walk in and look at what they do have on displays. The outfits are cool and I liked the quotes with some of the photographs. It won’t hurt you to go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. ohgreatitsryan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On second thought I’d probably agree with that. All of my visits have been for events or tours. I’m sure it wouldn’t be nearly as fun to just walk around yourself.

As an added suggestion for anyone. If Lars Fredrickson, Eugene Hutz or Chris #2 is doing a tour, don’t think, just book it.

I’ve done multiple tours with Eugene Hutz, because 1) the stories are different every time; 2) he’s made of stories; and 3) he’s a born storyteller.

He’s got a film screening and after party coming up too. Tickets are pretty cheap and I’m expecting it to be a blast.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Adam

Adam Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I wasn't aware of the tours.

Wish my trip was next week, Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top is doing the Tuesday tours (7th May). $100 well worth it just to meet the man.

Bucket List - WSOP Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ohgreatitsryan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of them cycle back around. An added bonus is, unless they are sober now or have something pressing, most of them hang out in the bar for a while afterwards and are happy to bullshit. Especially true if they're doing multiple tours.

I've been able to have a drink with so many musicians that young me might even reevaluate calling me a sellout.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. puttputtfc

puttputtfc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was a blast. I wasn't sure what to expect but these people really care about and respect punk. Seeing those flyers reminded me of the days where you head to a bar, have a few and watch the band then head to Kinko's for cheap copies and a three hour walk home hanging up your own band's ads. Being 17 and stupid was fantastic.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "God save the quueeen, she ain't no human beeeeeiiing..."

This museum has been on my list. Probably during my August visit.

Yearly Del Mar, Saratoga, Mt. Charleston, Pool trip