1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Four Seasons at Mandalay Bay

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Naturaleight, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can hosts comp here? How do the rooms at the Four Seasons compare to the main tower and THEhotel?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, hosts can comp there, but thinking for at least mid level players.

We have been offered rooms there, but we pass. I think the service is higher and rooms are nicer. BUT - the more important factor for us is having a separate bedroom and living room. One of us always seems to wake up earlier and this is an issue when the other one wants to sleep. A crappy REAL suite is more important to us.

3. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Four Seasons has standard rooms (which are similar in size to MB standard rooms) and various types of suites. All suites at Four Seasons are true suites. I posted pics of the recently refreshed (refresh completed in Dec 2012) one bedroom Strip view suite we stayed in for our NYE trip. (I think I posted it under the Trip Reports forum.)

What we really enjoy at FS is the level of service (twice-daily housekeeping, turn down service, overnight shoe shine, etc) and that the hotel is entirely non-smoking. The Four Seasons has only 5 floors of guest rooms/suites, so you won't have to deal with long waits for an elevator (not usually an issue at THEhotel, but elevator crowds at MB can be epic).

If your host is only able to comp a standard room, THEhotel is a better choice.
    If you smoke, THEhotel or MB are your choices as they have smoking rooms.
    If your host can comp a FS suite, then it's a no-brainer :)

4. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The FS has also smoking rooms. Had one in November and booked one for end of this month. This is just a rumor!
    Was a bit afraid about it before arriving in Nov. so asked my host to double check this... and he was right with "yes".
    The had less smoking rooms at the end of the year due to their renovation.

5. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to touch on the elevator situation at MB, they recently incorporated the penthouse floors elevators and totally redid what elevators stop on what floors so it does not back up any longer. I just got back from a trip there and never had to wait in a line for the elevator once, even during busy times. Hats off to them for fixing this.

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The short answer is yes. In March, my MB host told me they had purchased the Four Seasons rooms at some point recently and he could set me up there if I ever wanted. May try it out at some point. The pool area for Four Seasons appeared very relaxing

I Need Spa
  7. KellyLovesVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Four Seasons pool is super relaxing! Great personal service and wonderful setting. Our two choices for pools are Moorea Beach for the top-optional and great music, and the FS pool for total chill time.

8. KellyLovesVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope their level of accommodations and air quality doesn't degrade with the exposure to smoke. We've stayed there at least once/year (and often 2-3 times per year) for the past decade and having a very clean smoke free room is wonderful.

One good thing, I didn't notice diminished air quality when we stayed there on our March trip (5 nights), so maybe they have taken steps to mitigate that issue. I'll get another chance to test it this weekend :)

9. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What could be better than this? You, as a non-smoker doesn't realize that there are any smoking rooms, and I get one of those! :)

At the upscale hotels, like FS or Aria where I normally stay, it's hard to find out if you stay at a smoking room or not, 'cause they have a really good ventilation and use theire own decent smell. Of course, just imo! ;)

10. KellyLovesVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is absolutely true going forward - however, for the past 10 + years the policy was "Nonsmoking" period. I just hope the smoke free, excellent air quality is maintained. I'm sensitive to smoke and we will just switch to another property if FS isn't able to provide that excellent air quality.

On our visits to Aria the ventilation wasn't as good as I expected. The air quality diminished at night and became smoky (we stayed in the Sky Suites on our visits, so I don't know if this happens in the other rooms). This has happened on each of our three visits since 2011.

Perhaps the soon-to-be Delano will have excellent ventilation :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.