1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Exercise - Endurance

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Backagain1, Apr 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for the info ken. I have visited various bike shops to find out what to do to get rid of my problem but all some did was have me buy more expensive seats that still didn't help me get rid of my problem.

Yes, Honolulu is a tough place to ride but recently our Mayor created a new dedicated bike lane on our major street (king street). Too bad that it would take longer to get to the bike lane or else I would consider riding on it. I used to bike to work every day about 15 years ago but it got too dangerous. The worst was some ahole who tailgated me and actually hit my tire so I fell off my bike. Luckily I wasn't hurt but the guy yelled at me to get off the road as he passed by. Not long after that I got parking for my job and although I rode my bike to work once and a while I never really did it regularly.

I will be retiring in about 2 or 3 years and I hoped to ride my bike more after I retire. We'll see if I am physically able to do it safely.

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This may come as a shock but everything presented to you is not some shitploy to separate you from more money, right? lol Sometimes stuff costs. A POS seat might work, an expensive seat might work-- neither is a nonstarter nor an automatic. But chances are a better seat that conforms to your anatomy is going to be better than something you get cheap and essentially blind from Eddie's Excellent Discount Tackle and Sporting Goods Store.

And it is the package deal. It takes miles in the saddle. This isn't going to happen on three five-mile rides over two months. How you sit on the saddle matters; too far forward, perhaps? There's the basic question of if your bike has the correct geometry and reach for you. What's between your arse/package and the saddle is easily as important.

Whenever I drive around Oahu I think, "Man, how does anyone ride here?" It's insane. That road rage thing doesn't surprise me either. Sorry it happened to you. We have plenty of Neanderthals where we are, and we're a rather bike tolerant area, or at least you see a lot of folks on the road. We try to ride between town and the beach because the main road is fairly we'll striped and the other farm roads get light traffic and the farm transport guys are pretty giving. It seems to be the fucktards in the wannabe muscle cars and beater F150s who drag their knuckles. But overall like many spots in the West it's a pretty bike tolerant area. We did a charity ride this weekend in NorCal and between the rural roads and how many had striped bike lanes, it was a joy. The freakin' bike path in town on each end with all the little kids in the family ride was far more dangerous. lol

3. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks - I read this a while back - skimmed it. I need to read it again. Thank you.

4. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, I have made progress from three years ago but some people say I need to push myself. I get it and I think you hear what I am saying. A little more each day and being more consistent. I had to do 100 toes to bar today when I can just hang from the bar. I lost count and my workout was nothing like the athletes but I made progress.
    Thank you again!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.